20 Ways to Lose Weight Naturally | Amoils.comtweet
Sometimes it just needs a special motivation to start the road to losing weight. My own husband, who has been overweight for many years, suddenly in January – and perhaps connected to that recurring habit of making a New Year’s resolution – decided to make a concerted effort to lose weight. What really spurred him on was that he is a professional photographer and the knowledge that he had to take regular aerial photos over a long period but in a small helicopter that had a weight limit for the passenger. He did not relish the thought of being turned away by the pilot from making that flight.
A good result
It is now eight months later and yes, he has lost over 18 pounds and all done completely naturally using some of these 20 ways but particularly a combination of exercise and healthy eating.
Those twenty tips
1. Having a plan is important because it channels your energies to help you get the best results possible. With dedication and a plan, it’s only a matter of time before you achieve your goals. Unfortunately, most people either never create a plan, or at best follow an ineffective plan.
2. Exercise should be top of the list for losing weight naturally but it must be in a format that you enjoy, or at least learn to enjoy, whether it is swimming, cycling, walking, jogging for something else.
3. Something as simple as movement in a rocking chair can burn the calories (some 150 per hour) causing the release of endorphins that elevates the mood and relieves pain. Apart from helping with weight loss, new moms recover more rapidly from the experience of childbirth.
4. Rebounding using a mini trampoline will give you a surprising amount of exercise with not too much effort in the comfort of your own home, taking up just a small amount of space.
5. Making changes to a sedentary lifestyle is vital as the average American office worker is spending up to 12 hours sitting which is physiologically so much worse than simply not exercising. One hour of sitting can ‘undo’ thirty minutes of exercise or to put it another way, one hour of sitting is as detrimental as thirty minutes of exercise is beneficial.
6. Difficulty losing weight and trouble with weight gain are two of the most common symptoms of a sluggish thyroid. This might be worth checking out as, if the thyroid is sluggish, the metabolism slows down and even becomes dysfunctional. So the pounds add on, and stay on!
7. If you are serious about weight loss and lifestyle changes, one of the first areas you need to look at is actually your kitchen as the room itself and how everything is displayed can be part of your problem. What you buy at the local supermarket and hopefully, the health store and the farmers market too, also has a role to play because obviously if you only bring health-giving whole foods into your kitchen, then you are not going to have so much temptation. Here are ways to ensure your kitchen is not preventing you from losing weight.
8. The old admonition to start the day off with a good breakfast has never been more important. Ensuring you have a healthy meal before you leave for work, school or college each morning – rich in carbohydrates, protein and fat – leads to the loss of far more weight and body fat than eating a restricted-calorie, low-carb breakfast. It keeps you fuller for longer so you are not tempted to snack during the morning.
9. It is important to look at the phenomenon of comfort food or emotional eating. Either way, it is turning to food, and particularly less healthy food, when times are tough. Often, it becomes a habit to turn to food when stress, a loss or a certain situation occurs and most of the time hunger might not even be an issue. The big downside of emotional eating is that it can sabotage your weight loss efforts because emotional eating often leads to eating too much of the high-calorie, sweet and fatty types of foods.
10. Sugar is such a toxic and addictive substance and of course the human body is totally unable to utilize the roughly 225 pounds of sugar and HFCS consumed by the average American ever year. Our livers turn this blood sugar into fat (triglycerides) and store it on our bellies and hips. If you have a sugar addiction, you need to seriously address the problem and the good news is that it gets easier to kick the habit the longer you hold out as your tongue creates new taste buds every two or three weeks.
11. Coconut oil is very useful in reducing weight as it contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that help in taking off excessive weight while being easy to digest, helping the healthy functioning of the thyroid and enzymes systems. In addition, it increases the body metabolism by removing stress on pancreases, burning out more energy and helping obese and overweight people reduce their weight.
12. Butter is also suggested as weight loss option. The three biggest changes in the American diet since 1970 have been an increase in cereal grain consumption (particularly wheat); an increase in sweetener consumption; and the replacement of meat and milk fat (butter) with industrial vegetable oils (margarine), with total fat intake remaining the same. And yet since then, the US population and others have been steadily growing overweight and even obese.
13. You would have had to have been living on another planet if you did not know that vegetables and fruit are so important in your daily diet and the big plus for weight loss is that the more you consume, the less junk food will tempt you. Apart from sugar, many foods today are loaded with other harmful ingredients like food coloring, high-fructose corn syrup and hydrolyzed oils. Omitting more of these health-damaging foods from your diet will result in a profound positive effect on health and help with weight loss.
14. There are at least 19 vegetables that can help use up the calories: asparagus, fennel, gourd, broccoli, leek, cabbage, lettuce, carrots, marrow, cauliflower, peppers, celery, radishes, chicory, spinach, cress, tomatoes, cucumbers, turnips and onions. Even if you are looking to eat these vegetables solely for the purpose of losing weight, you will be pleased to find out that your overall health boosts as well. Vegetables are full of vitamins and nutrients like vitamins A, C, E, K, carotene, carotenoids and much more.
15. Grapefruit has a fat-burning enzyme that can help to absorb and reduce the starch and sugar in the body making it popular with those who are trying to lose weight.
16. There are plenty of other fruits that burn calories too: apricots, blackberries, cantaloupe, blackcurrant, peaches, plums, damsons, raspberries, rhubarb, guava, strawberries, honeydew, melon, tangerines, lemons and watermelon.
17. As an alternative to eating fresh veggies and fruit, you can change to juicing for a healthy daily beverage. Particularly useful if you are not so fond of veggies as you can disguise their taste with some sweeter fruits as part of the juicing recipe.
18. Raw food is very popular today and apart from the detoxification benefit, there are 2 other main benefits of a raw food diet and they are weight loss and your health.
19. There is a supplement that allows you to exercise less and drop more weight – it is bioflavonoid capsaicin, which is in hot red pepper. Cayenne pepper is a miracle food with its high content of capsaicin. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory compound, circulation protector, and now a possible adjunct to exercise-induced weight loss. There are other important flavonoids that can have a similar effect of helping you to lose weight naturally – namely cava ecklonia extracts (found in Alginol), green tea and resveratrol.
20. Skin brushing is said to have many natural benefits including tightening the skin, helping digestion, removing cellulite, stimulates circulation and more, leading to possible wieght loss. When using the brush, remember to always brush in movements towards the heart.
Successful weight loss boils down to changing your old habits and replacing them with new habits that will transform your body. It can be done and done naturally…