Home > Treatment Articles > Migraine Articles > Migraine Relief
If you are a migraineur (that is someone who suffers from migraines) you will definitely search for the best possible migraine relief you can find and especially one that works and one that suits you with the least possible side effects. There are many migraine headache relief remedies available. Migraines cannot be cured but they can be controlled. Migraine medicines can stop the pain but they are only part of a wellness program. You need to learn about the triggers that may be initiating the process leading to your migraine.
Conventional methods for migraine pain relief
Migraine headache relief usually comes in the form of preventative medications used to reduce the number of attacks for individuals that have two or more migraines per month. Examples of some of the prescribed preventative medications are beta-blockers, anti-depressants, and divalproex sodium. Many migraineurs who take preventative medications also take medication to treat the severity of the migraine symptoms. These include over the counter medications such as ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin. Newer forms of medication – triptans, help manage the source of migraine pain by reducing swelling of the blood vessels in the brain and reducing inflammation, thus helping alleviate migraine pain.
Not all migraineurs are happy about ingesting chemical substances regularly into their systems and look for alternative or a more natural migraine relief.
There are different types of alternative and natural migraine relief:
- Homeopathy is a natural solution for symptomatic migraine relief. It is free of the side effects of conventional medicines and safe for everyone.
- Natural products are another solution for the relief of the symotoms of migraines. A few drops of H-Headaches applied to your forehead, neck and temples can be very effective. Most migraine symptoms will disappear immediately.
- Acupuncture involves insertion and manipulation of fine needles at various, prescribed body-pressure points. For many migraine sufferers, acupuncture can offer relief and a better quality of life.
- Migraine Bekool is a very effective over the counter but natural product for the immediate cooling and soothing relief from migraine symptoms. It is a cool compress which can be used during an attack. It can be used to give relief while waiting for your normal medication to take effect when suffering from a severe migraine or can even be used on its own for a mild migraine attack.
- Chiropractic methods are used by some migraine sufferers who find they have positive results. This is a holistic approach to pain relief through massage, spinal manipulation and periodic adjustment of joints and soft tissue.
- Migrelief is a fairly new natural product that combines the three best known alternative migraine treatments – magnesium, the vitamin Riboflavin and a special source of the herb Feverfew into one easy to take dietary supplement. This has been found to be an effect alternative program for many migraine sufferers to add to their health care.
- Migraine Prevent is a nutraceutical product offering the migraine sufferer a preventative treatment combining the 4 best researched vitamins, minerals, and/or nutritional supplements that have been studied for migraines. It is recommended by the manufacturers that migraine sufferers take 2 capsules per day to prevent the onset of migraines and their symptoms.
With all the variety of products available (prescriptive, over the counter, natural and alternative) it is important to find the method that best suits you.
Go to our Migraine and Headachepage