Removing Skin Tags
Home > Treatment Articles > Skin Tags > Removing Skin Tags
If you suffer from skin tags, there is a strong possibility that you will want to have them removed and if there is one skin tag, then there are often many others. So if you are considering removing skin tags, you may have quite a task ahead.
Skin tags are those growths that are bits of skin or tags protruding from the body. Skin tags tend to form along the neckline, under the arms, beneath the breasts, on and above the eyelids and even in the groin area. The most common place is the armpit.
When skin tags are in awkward places such as the neck, clothes can rub on them, jewelry can get caught on them and they can even be shaved in error. Groin skin tags can easily rub against clothing or be injured during lovemaking. They can then become inflamed and sore and may bleed because they have a blood supply that enables them to grow.
Skin Tag Removal Options
So you are probably wondering what method to use for skin tag treatment?
Suggestions for Removing Skin Tags
The old fashioned way - In our great grandmother’ time, they would remove unwanted skin tags by tying a hair or some fine thread around the base of the skin tag. The blood supply would be cut off so that after some time the skin tag would die and drop off. This method can still be used today if you are prepared to have bits of thread hanging from your skin, getting dirty, looking unhygienic and the process taking days to complete. Depending on the location of the skin tag, you may need help tying the string tight enough to be effective. There is also the danger of infection.
- The risky and painful “at home” way – You might try to remove these skin tags yourself by snipping off with a pair of scissors. However, this is considered a very risky and dangerous procedure because of the chance of infection and excessive bleeding. Also you might have mistaken the skin tags for some other skin growth such as a moles, keratoses, hemagiomas or pyogenic granulomas. Such skin conditions should definitely not be removed by you at home in such a way.
- Cryotherapy – freeze skin tags with liquid nitrogen - a common treatment for skin tags. When applied to a skin tag, liquid nitrogen will destroy the cell tissue quickly and efficiently. Getting rid of skin tags with cyrotherapy may cause some minor pain and scarring, and the liquid nitrogen should not be applied to the same area of skin more than once a week. There is a risk of tissue damage beyond the intended target.
- Electrocautery – is usually done in a health professional’s office or clinic. A local anesthetic is used for pain control and the procedure removes larger skin tags by burning them with a low-voltage electrified probe. The procedure staunches bleeding afterwards and accelerates healing. Medical scissors will be used to cut off the skin tag completely. The wound may either by cauterized or pressure will be applied to stop the bleeing. Adhesive bandages will be applied to the wounds, which will need to be kept clean and covered until they have healed. Healing usually takes 2 to 4 weeks and there is the possibility of scarring.
- Surgical excision - this is achieved by cutting out the skin tag under either a local or general anesthesia in the doctor’s rooms or the operating theatre. This can be painful when the anesthetic wears off plus there can be scarring.
- Lasers – which are used to eliminate skin tags while simultaneously re-surfacing the skin thereby producing good cosmetic results.
- Electro surgery or electrolysis- this is an effective way to get rid of skin tags. This procedure is usually performed by a professional who will use an electric needle to destroy the skin tag growth as well as any additional growth beneath the skin. Electrolysis is usually fast and permanent with minor scarring.
Naturally Removing Skin Tags
- An all natural product – a natural formula is made from pure essential oils and plant extracts, applied topically to the skin tags. Apart from the natural ingredients, the big advantage is being able to remove skin tags yourself safely in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
What is the Best Method?
When deciding on which method to choose, you need to be aware that in the USA, most medical insurance companies have stopped paying for the removal of skin tags. They consider their removal to be merely for cosmetic reasons or in the “medically necessary” category. So you may need to take the cost of their removal into account when deciding which method to use.
Order H-Skin Tags Formula today - the most natural, effective formula for skin tags.
Remove Skin Tags Today