If you have the skin condition known as rosacea, you need to take extra special care of the skin on your face because it can so easily become irritated, leading to a flare up of the symptoms of rosacea. But it does take some discipline and perseverance to ensure a gentle but consistent regimen of skin care. You may well be rewarded with a clear and healthy skin when you take the natural approach for cleaning, moisturizing and looking your skin.
Top 10 tips for a natural approach
1. Keep your skin clean by using a daily gentle cleanser twice a day with soothing and natural ingredients. Look for products containing aloe, chamomile, niacinamide or pumpkin skin - but be careful not to over wash your skin.
2. Never be tempted to rub or scrub your skin. You should always be extra gentle.
3. After cleaning, moisturize your skin by using a natural moisturizer, with ingredients that are helpful to your sensitive skin, night and day.
4. You can camouflage any flushing of the skin on the face in the day time by using some make up. An hypoallergenic or mineral liquid makeup that is targeted towards dry skin is the most suitable to use for rosacea – especially one that will both work with your skin as well as helping to improve the condition itself. . Go for a makeup with a green or yellow base to help cover up and camouflage the redness or rosacea. It lessens the appearance of the redness and may help "even out" your skin tone as well so that any dilated blood vessels become less noticeable. Your foundation should match your skin tone to make it look natural. On the other hand, your concealer should be one shade lighter than your skin tone.
5. Avoid those cosmetics and hair sprays that could aggravate any redness as well as any make up with fragrances or other ingredients that may cause irritation. All the products you use should be free of alcohol and other irritating ingredients
6. If you have ocular rosacea
, use eye makeup that is specially formulated for your already sensitive eyes.
7. Protect the skin of your face from the sun by using a sunscreen and wearing a wide brimmed hat. A sunscreen such as Episencial is ideal as it is “free from the bad stuff like additives, parebens and petroleum”. The ingredients are organic green tea, shea butter and zinc. The rest of your body can safely get a dose of sunlight for 20 to 30 minutes every day to boost up your vitamin D levels as long as you do not become overheated. he sun on your face together with hot temperatures can trigger a skin flare up.
8. Remember that it is best to stay cool at all times when you have rosacea so don't get overheated if you are exercising and steer clear of saunas. Coolness is key to rosacea care.
9. Use H-Rosacea
which is an all natural product made from pure essential oils that is applied directly to the rosacea condition three times a day to help treat the symptoms of rosacea.
10. Watch your diet as certain foods can trigger a rosacea outbreak. These include spices, eggplant, soy sauce and even avocado. Keep a diary of your eating habits and if you notice a particular food leads to a sudden outbreak, you will have your culprit. At the same time reduce or eliminate any alcohol use.
If you are concerned about which is the right product for you, then check with your dermatologist and remember to try and go the natural route whenever you can.