Hotter summer weather can leaving us feeling less energetic especially if we live in a more humid climate. So how can we give ourselves a quick energy boost in a healthy, rejuvenating way?
Try these top ten tips
1. Have you heard about natural peppermint scent
and how it acts as a mood enhancer to boost your motivation, concentration and of course your energy? You can achieve this by adding a few drops of peppermint oil to your bath, by drinking and enjoying a delicious cup of peppermint tea or even chewing on some peppermint gum (as long as it has a natural sweetener and no toxic aspartame).
2. Are you supplementing your diet with those essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients
. Often that slowing down feeling is caused by a lack of vitamin B12. Check your own level out and supplement if needed. Would you believe that we need need approximately 60 minerals, 12 vitamins, amino acids, fatty acids, probiotics and enzymes for optimum health and that is just the start!
3. Are you moving around enough
? The more you use your energy, the more energetic you feel in spite of the summertime weather. Exercise and working out ends up making you feel more refreshed because those happy hormones – endorphins – are released, making you feel great. Stick to exercise that is not going to overheat you, like using an air conditioned gym or enjoying a swim in the sea or an outdoors pool. Even walking or jogging in the early morning freshness or late evening coolness will be very beneficial.
4. Don't forget to make sure you also add some peace and quiet to your daily routine
. Find a quiet spot and engage in some meditation, reading or simply sit still with your eyes closed and focus on breathing slowly inhaling and exhaling. Have some iced tea on hand or a freshly squeezed orange or lemon juice drink to enjoy.
5. Fatigue or lack of energy is often caused by low blood sugar levels
. Make sure you eat regular healthy meals with nutritious snacks in between when necessary. Don't be tempted to snack on anything loaded with sugar, undoing all your good work in a flash.
6. Another cause of sapping positive energy is when your home is cluttered up and disorganized. Clear both your space and your mind
by creating order in your home. Don't try and do it all in one go if it is really cluttered – baby steps.
7. I am sure you have often heard how laughter is the best medicine
. Well it is a great way to energize you too. By increasing your heart rate, working your muscles and eliminating stress, laughter is truly a great gift to yourself!
8. For a quick fix when you are feeling in need of a pick-me-up or a wake-me-up, a cup of freshly roasted organic coffee
will work wonders. But not too many cups in a day please. If you are not a coffee fan, how about some green tea which is full of antioxidants too or a crisp and crunchy apple.
9. Copycat those who live in hot countries – Spain, Mexico and others where an afternoon siesta
is commonplace. A short nap of just 20 to 30 minutes in the day time will definitely energize you.
10. Playing your favorite music
is a great feel good pick-me-up – you will probably be energized enough to start dancing or multi tasking if it is loud and foot tapping or quieter back ground music will help you to work through other chores.
Now that you are feeling so energized, go ahead and enjoy your summer!