We all know those ads that pop up on your computer screen extolling you “to click here for 5 tips for a flat stomach” and you end up somewhere completely unconnected.
Here is the genuine article and we give you not 5 but 12 tips!
Don't expect overnight success – it does take some time and perseverance – remembering that irritating maxim that all good things come to those who wait...
1. Drink a glass of water before eating and not during your meal, making sure to drink plenty of filtered water throughout the day.
2. Ditch the sodas including the diet versions
. Both lead to weight gain in spite of what you may have been told about diet sodas.
3. Change to 5 small healthy meals instead of the traditional 3 larger ones. You won't feel so hungry in between and be tempted to snack.
4. Change from all processed, fast foods to wholesome whole foods like your great grandmother used to eat, not forgetting to cut down or eliminate any sugar.
5. Eat slowly and try to chew your food
up to 100 times.
6. Serving sizes should be much smaller than you think you need. For example a piece of chicken or meat should only be the size of your palm and the width of your thumb. Fill the rest of your plate with plenty of fresh veggies.
7. Talking of those veggies – color your plate
with as many different colors as possible of fresh vegetables and fruit. Eat as many as you can in their raw, natural state.
8. Don't be tempted to skip meals especially breakfast. Never, ever starve yourself as your tummy will go into starvation mode and start storing for a famine scenario.
9. Cut out the processed salt but don't forget to include natural salt which is healthy and needed. There is a huge difference between the two.
10. Exercise is a big part of achieving a flatter tummy. Swim, cycle, take up yoga classes, bounce on a trampoline
and walk as often as you can. There is a form of exercise to suit you that you will enjoy. You just need to find the perfect one.
11. Strengthen your core and start doing push ups and reverse sit ups.
12. Get off that couch or that office chair and get moving. Climb the stairs instead of taking the elevator; walk instead of driving; and always avoid taking the easy way out!
Get rid of that excess fat on the tummy and you will feel AND BE
fitter and healthier. No question!