9 Vitamins for Healthy Skin
Just like the rest of our bodies, our skin needs vitamins too and the natural way to feed our skin with what it needs is good nutrition with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables topping the list. Drinking plenty of water to hydrate the skin is of course very important too.
Adding vitamins for your skin from the inside through nutrition
The top 9 vitamins our skin craves are:
- Vitamin A functions as an antioxidant and is found in sweet potatoes, carrots, spinach and mangoes. An additional type of A vitamin (called retinoid) can be found in beef, eggs and dairy. Both are essential for good skin health.
- While vitamin C is vital for our overall health, it is important for skin health too. Citrus fruit, bell peppers, broccoli, strawberries, tomatoes, Brussels sprouts and more are rich in vitamin C helping create collagen, a type of connective tissue that keeps your skin firm. Vitamin C is also an antioxidant, protecting the skin from free radical damage.
- Vitamin E is a further antioxidant. This oil-soluble vitamin protects the skin from free radical damage and is found in nuts, seeds and plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Vitamin D is best received from good sunlight exposure or, if not possible, from vitamin D3 supplements. In fact, your skin will make its own vitamin D from sunlight.
- Vitamin K is another helpful vitamin for good skin health, healing wounds and bruises. It will also help to tackle circulatory problems which can lead to dark circles and spider veins but also stretch marks and scars. Foods rich in vitamin K are cabbage, liver, kale and brie cheese.
- Vitamin B3 is also known as niacin and essential for healthy skin, helping to halt or prevent aging.
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid and panthenol) helps to provide good skin hydration. The vitamin is found in whole grains, avocado and chicken.
- Choline is present in eggs, peanuts and dairy but the body can make this vitamin on its own, playing a crucial role in skin cell membranes.
- Folic acid is vital for the creation of new cells, playing an important role in skin health and appearance.
Adding vitamins to your skin from the outside
Just as your skin will benefit from the nutrition and vitamins that you consume, so your skin will thank you for applying vitamins from the outside too.
Our Simply Vitamin Skin Oil is a one of a kind with its nutritional blend of oils to feed the delicate skin on your face.
It is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and Omega fatty acids, all essential for the balance and nourishment of your skin. Our rare formula is made from a blend of pure natural cold pressed and expeller pressed precious oils (with a small molecular structure) so they can penetrate your skin.
These precious oils include Sacha Inchi Oil, Prickly Pear Seed Oil, Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil and many more – each with their own invaluable contribution to giving your skin its regular vitamin boost.
For maximum benefits, apply a generous amount of Vitamin Skin Oil to your face and neck (just before bed) as a deep nourishing moisture treatment - and wake up to a luminous and glowing healthy skin!
Your skin is the fingerprint of what is going on inside your body, and all skin conditions reflect what could be happening internally - including your body’s nutritional needs
If you feed your skin from the inside and outside, it cannot help but benefit.
Donejko M, et al. (2014). Influence of caffeine and hyaluronic acid on collagen biosynthesis in human skin fibroblasts.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4206198/. (Accessed, Feb 15, 2021)
El-Domyati M, et al. (2016). Microdermabrasion: A clinical, histometric, and histopathologic study. DOI:
doi.org/10.1111/jocd.12252 .(Accessed, Feb 15, 2021)
Kang S, et al. (1996). Topical tretinoin (retinoic acid) improves early stretch marks.
archderm.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=557725. (Accessed, Feb 15, 2021)