Are You Addicted To This Substance & How To Fight That Addiction
Most people are quickly becoming aware of the dangers of sugar and the need to reduce their intake or preferably eliminate it from their diet. But of course, the love of sugar is a form of addiction and we know how difficult addictive substances can be to turn away from. Unfortunately, sugar can be a form of poison
Are you addicted to sugar?
There are 6 ways to help reduce that addiction
1. Learn which products contain added sugar and which don’t. That does mean reading labels and religiously – at least to start with until you learn what ingredients are in which products. And of course not just sugar but high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) which is conveniently hidden away in so many foodstuffs in the USA.
2. Make a list of the sauces, condiments and other products in jars or bottles in your fridge and replace them with organic healthier versions and minus the added sugar.
3. Learn to forget about sweet treats and snacks and instead enjoy other satisfying but healthier alternatives such as raw nuts, trail mix and fresh fruit.
4. Be aware that when you eat out at restaurants, the homes of friends and family or pick up take outs, these will definitely contain sugar whether it is in the products used in their preparation or the sauces and dressings added afterwards.
5. Be wary of anything that is labelled sugar free because instead you will be consuming artificial sweeteners (a whole dangerous additive itself) or low fat because when the fat is removed, it can be replaced with sugar instead.
6. Completely ditch all sodas (including diet sodas) and sugary drinks and change to pure filtered water or even water that has been infused with some slices of fresh fruit.