The standard American diet is extremely high in processed foods and beverages, leading to inflammation and even ultimately to arthritis. Such inflammation is a big problem because it can eat away at cartilage in the joints so that bone rubs against bone. Not only does this cause pain and discomfort but it even leads to further inflammation. This same standard American diet is also responsible for weight gain and obesity and, of course, extra strain on those same joints while a sedentary lifestyle with little or no exercise just compounds both the arthritis and obesity. If you are one of the increasing numbers of people who have become a victim of arthritis
, now is the time when you should try to take control of your own health and change your lifestyle. But in doing so, don't become one of the many who equate weight loss with a diet that shuns all the healthy whole foods such as butter, nuts, red meat, cheese and any other food that is high in fat. They have been misled for too long in thinking that eating healthy fat will make them fat when it will not. They go for low fat items which invariably have had fat replaced with sugar and other carbs. This is the exact opposite of what you need to do to lose weight.
How to improve the pain and discomfort of arthritis naturally
Although arthritis can be a debilitating condition, often with considerable pain and discomfort, it is possible to use a more natural approach when treating the symptoms of arthritis.
- Increase your healthy fat consumption and severely restrict sugars, fructose and grains in your diet.
- Include plenty of fresh vegetables in your daily diet (while eating as many raw as possible). Include some raw ginger every day for its anti-inflammatory properties. Other especially good items are: broccoli, pineapples, pumpkin seeds and flesh, onions, sesame seeds, salmon and strawberries.
- Include free range chicken and eggs, grass-fed beef plus organic or if possible raw dairy products.
- Drink only pure filtered (not bottled) water with an occasional drink of milk or tea.
- Take regular exercise (at least 30 minute sessions several times per week) and of course walk rather than drive, take the stairs rather than the elevator and more. The very best exercise for helping combat arthritis is swimming. When you are submerged in water, your body automatically becomes lighter. The more water covering you, the less weight you have to bear. This means that being in water is the ideal place to exercise those stiff muscles and sore joints – particularly if you suffer from arthritis and are overweight. And the warmer the water, the better the results.
- Ensure you get a good 8 hours of quality sleep every night.
H-Arthritis from Healing Natural Oils is specially formulated from pure essential oils to safely and gently reduce the symptoms of arthritis, including pain, stiffness, inflammation and swelling. The different properties of the essential oils offer circulatory stimulants, anti-inflammatories, analgesics for relieving or diminishing pain while additional properties can eliminate those harmful toxins in the system. You can massage the joints with a few drops three times a day, plus you can add a drop or two of oil to your relaxing bath time routine.