One of the most controversial subjects on the internet these days (and especially social media) has to be autism. The stats point to autism increasing at an alarming rate to epidemic proportions and yet, instead of working together to find the cause or indeed causes (and a possible solution), the bickering continues and intensifies.
Meanwhile, more and more children are affected and, as they grow into adulthood, a whole generation will be dealing with the consequences.
According to research scientist Stephanie Seneff of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
and a widely published author on topics ranging from Azlheimer’s Disease to autism and cardiovascular disease, she has come out and said: “At today’s rate, by 2025, one in two children will be autistic.”
Statistics show that the rate of autism in children has risen from 1 in 5000 in 1975 to 1 in 68 in 2014. At this rate of growth, we are looking at 1 in 2 children in just over ten years time.
Why is autism on the increase?
Many scientists have believed that genetics accounted for 90% of a child's risk for autism while others have long suspected that there is an environmental contribution to autism ... and previous studies have shown that it may occur in the early stages of pregnancy.
Stephanie Seneff is of the opinion that there is a link between the increasing use of Roundup (with its active ingredient glyphosate) on crops and the rising rates of autism.
I have a friend in New Zealand who works as a Naturopath and she is convinced that autism is a disease of the environment, being multi-factorial, and dramatically on the increase. She says: “There are myriad causes that add up to cause the multi-systemic breakdown that creates the picture we call 'autism /autistic spectrum disorder' but there is no one cause, which is why they'll never find the cause."
She says that links have been established between the occurrence of autism and these following causes:
- It may be cumulative exposure to Round-up.
Vaccines may be the trigger that breaks the proverbial camel’s back (the current vaccine schedule has more than tripled since 1983).
- It could be the fumes from the nearby motorway or highway.
- How about the lead from the paint on the house.
- What about the mercury in the child’s mother’s amalgams or...
Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride
- The antibiotics used in pregnancy.
is a Russian neurologist who now specializes in treating autistic children in the UK. In fact, she treated her own son successfully using an all-natural treatment involving dietary changes and detoxification. Dr. Campbell is convinced that autistic children are in fact born with perfectly normal brains and perfectly normal sensory organs, but abnormal gut flora, passed on from their mother and father, leads to devastating toxicity.
"What happens in these children [is that] they do not develop normal gut flora from birth - gut flora is a hugely important part of our human physiology. Recently research in Scandinavia has demonstrated that 90 percent of all cells and all genetic material in a human body is our own gut flora. We are just a shell - a habitat for this mass of microbes inside us. We ignore them at our own peril. As a result, their digestive system—instead of being a source of nourishment for these children—becomes a major source of toxicity
These pathogenic microbes inside their digestive tract damage the integrity of the gut wall. So all sort of toxins and microbes flood into the bloodstream of the child, and get into the brain of the child.
That usually happens in the second year of life in children who were breast fed because breastfeeding provides a protection against this abnormal gut flora. In children who were not breastfed, I see the symptoms of autism developing in the first year of life. So breastfeeding is crucial to protect these children.
Are vaccines part of the problem?
Although childhood vaccines are deemed to be generally safe by the appropriate authorities, the following is a cause for concern:
- Both the US and UK governments have indemnified vaccine manufacturers with neither the doctor nor the vaccine maker having any liability for vaccine damage.
- Each of the 20 studies used to debunk any link between vaccines and autism has been shown to have ties to the vaccine industry while there are over 150 studies by well-credentialed experts showing serious risks from the current vaccination schedule.
- Autism is a condition that affects children first and foremost although of course they go on to become adults.
- In spite of US children being the most vaccinated worldwide, they are among the sickest. Along with soaring rates of autism you can add asthma, seizure disorder, life-threatening allergies, diabetes, arthritis, sleep disorders and bowel disease to the equation.
Dr. Mercola's solutions for caring for autistic children safely and effectively
- Eliminate sugar (particularly fructose) and grains from your child’s diet, including ALL forms of sugar, whether it’s regular table sugar or corn-based sweeteners like high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), honey, or agave, and whether it’s found in juice, soda, French fries, or grain products (such as pasta, bagels, cereal, pretzels and more).
- Avoid pasteurized milk. This is absolutely imperative when you’re treating autism. This includes ALL milk products, including ice cream, yogurt and even whey. Even natural flavorings in food must be avoided unless the processor can guarantee, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that caseinate is not included. Note that fermented raw milk may be beneficial.
- Tailor your child’s diet to whole fresh organic foods for optimal health. In my experience, nearly ALL children seem to respond favorably to the dietary changes when properly implemented.
- Optimize vitamin D levels through proper sun exposure.
- Lower microbial burden. Any type of chronic infection, whether caused by Lyme disease or any other microbe, such as mold, can spread through your system and make you chronically ill. One of the major problems is that the biotoxins produced by the infection compete for the same detoxification pathways as do other toxins, like mercury and pesticides, and so on. Ensure your child’s body is less of an optimal habitat for microbial overgrowth through dietary changes (less starch and sugar at minimum) and lowering overall stress. Also, consider testing for mold (in your home) and Lyme (in their body) but only after “provocation treatment.”
- Lower toxic burdens. Avoid exposure to as many environmental toxins as you can, such as pesticides, herbicides as well as sources of mercury, aluminum and fluoride. Also do whatever you can to establish a mold, dust, and smell-free environment for your whole family, followed by a comprehensive detoxification program. Please remember hidden toxins like fluoride and look carefully evaluate all cleaning products in your home.
- Reduce EMF exposure. Exposure to electromagnetic fields from cell phones, electrical wiring and Wi-Fi may significantly add to the problem because when toxic microbes in your body are exposed to electromagnetic fields, they respond as if they’re being attacked, and start producing even more biotoxins in an attempt to prolong their survival.
- Carefully review the vaccination issue, including the conventional vaccination schedule. Know that in most U.S. States, you have the right to opt out of vaccines and, if you choose to vaccinate, consider having your child tested for GAPS beforehand.
- Homeopathy may also help ameliorate some symptoms of brain and immune system dysfunction suffered by children labeled as “autistic.”
If you are expecting your own baby or have a newborn, please do your own research on this subject before embarking on the vaccine schedule. Once the damage is done, reversing the same can take considerable time, patience, money and of course knowledge. Every parent needs to understand the possible causes for autism so they can start working (even before conception) to minimize the risks and to do their best to ensure that their own child does not become yet another statistic. Endeavoring to breastfeed as long as possible is a good form of insurance too.
The potential impact of the projected US figures of autism in one in two children by the year 2025 is almost incomprehensible.