Carrots Are Not Just For Seeing In The Dark!
But they can certainly help with boosting your eye health with their 3 crucial nutrients of beta carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin. Vitamin A is vital for reducing the risk of macular degeneration and other eye disorders.
One cup of chopped carrots will give you 400% of your Vitamin A daily requirementsCarrots also provide:
- High amounts of vitamins C, D, E and K.
- Many minerals such as magnesium, potassium and calcium.
- Carrots are highly nutritious and cleansing due to their high fiber content.
- One cup of raw carrots contains only about 10 grams of carbohydrate and almost 4 grams of fiber. The fiber in carrots helps to slow down the release of sugars, in the form of glucose, into the blood stream.
- Including carrots in a healthy diet can even be safe for someone who has diabetes because carrots prevent any drastic increases in blood sugar.
The color of carrots
CarotenoidsCarrots get their color from antioxidants called carotenoids. One of these carotenoids is beta carotene, leading to the active vitamin A that is responsible for many of the carrot and carrot juice benefits that we know about today. Research has shown that beta carotene is crucial for improving immunity in the body, protecting skin and eye health as well as fighting free radical damage - damage that can lead to life-threatening disease.
Why is juicing carrots so beneficial?Carrots have a wealth of valuable nutrition and, when you juice them, you can benefit from a concentrated dose of all the benefits (we have listed above) to make the most of their healing power. But there is more...
- The nutrients found in carrots are important for maintaining good oral health, by helping to fight bacteria and toxins that can enter through the mouth and stay within the gums and teeth. Eating raw carrots can help remove plaque and stains from teeth when eaten after meals.
- The beta carotene is important for healing any type of wound by increasing the body's ability to heal faster and to fight infection.
- Carrots and carrot juice will benefit brain health with its ability to lower oxidative stress in the brain (that can weaken nerve signaling capacity), helping to prevent dementia by improving memory and defending against cognitive decline.