Eliminating PIMPLES & BLEMISHES for more Beautiful Skin
Both men and women can become quite distressed when they start to notice pimples and blemishes on their skin where there none before.
Caused by various factors that lead to increased oil production, acne outbreaks can be as a result of stress or hormonal changes (it can be puberty, pregnancy or even the menopause).
Then pores can become blocked with sebum with bacteria building up inside the clogged pores and the body responds by sending cells to deal with the infestation.
Blemishes and pimples can then appear.
Lifestyle changes to make
- Avoid smoking, cut down on alcohol and those sugars and grains while increasing your antioxidant intake with a diet rich in fresh vegetables and fruit, and drinking lots of pure, filtered water.
- Taking regular, moderate exercise brings oxygen to the cells, ease stress and improve circulation.
- Detoxing reduces the impact of a polluted environment.
- Taking supplements can improve the skin from inside the body such Beta-carotene (which has been found to minimize any damage from the sun’s UVA rays)and Astaxanthin to help and improve skin moisture levels, smoothness, elasticity, fine wrinkles as well as spots or freckles, while at the same time acting as a natural sunscreen and even preventing sunburn.
- Eating fish like tuna and salmon that are loaded with omega-3 fatty acid. Skin cells are surrounded by a fatty membrane that protects them. When the cells are healthy, they are able to support the structure of the skin.
- Adding all “the colors of the rainbow” veggies – red to improve sun protection as tomatoes, peppers and beets contain the antioxidant lycopene which also increases collagen levels; dark green like spinach and kale which are rich in vitamin C with antioxidant properties to stabilize the messenger enzymes that break collagen down; and orange such as carrots and sweet potatoes that are rich in vitamin A to restore and regenerate damaged collagen.
- Look for those fruits rich in color too. Blackberries and raspberries combat free radicals (while simultaneously increasing collagen levels) and oranges, limes, lemons and grapefruits (rich in vitamin C) help amino acids—lysine and proline—convert to collagen.
- Mulberry fruit or juice has many benefits for the skin including spots and blemishes, and general rejuvenation through the process of melanin synthesis.
- Try to reduce stress as much as possible.
- Gently cleanse your skin.
Caring for your skin with natural herbs
Green tea is one suggestion. It comes with antioxidants that can control sebum (oil) production, inhibit bacterial growth, and reduce inflammation. Make an infusion of the fresh or dried green tea leaves as a facial toner after cleansing with our Simply Cleansing Oil.
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) is a common and fragrant garden shrub with antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, benefiting those with skin irritation and inflammation.
You can use our own single Lavender Oil or you can use dried lavender flowers added to into a mixture of water and alcohol (or witch hazel) to make lavender water for toning the skin after cleansing.
Lemon juice. The astringent properties of citrus, dabbed on with cotton wool, can help remove excess oil and brighten your skin.
Aloe Vera. Not only does their fresh gel help with healing and inflammation but aloe Vera also gently tones. Be aware that overuse can lead to dryness, making it a better herb to use as a spot treatment rather than as a daily moisturizer
And of course, not forgetting our H-Acne Formula using established homeopathic ingredients in a revolutionary new topical application to help soothe the skin but without any itching, burning or scarring. Apply directly to any acne after cleansing with a mild non soap cleanser. H-Acne Formula is extremely effective for all types of acne including acne vulgaris, whiteheads, blackheads and pimples.