Many women become resigned to losing their desire for sex and, come to think of it as a duty (to be over and done with as quickly as possible) - but perhaps it is time for the males to step up and do their bit to help their partners lift that libido.
There are lots of natural ways that have been found to help.
It can be as simple as eating the right foods
Here are our eight suggestions, giving you enough food choices to take you through a whole day:
1. A cup of coffee in the morning with added nutmeg
, which is said to be an aphrodisiac, stimulating nerve cells and blood circulation to boost sexual desire.
2. At the same time, have a breakfast bowl of oatmea
l with flax seed
and nuts. Oatmeal contains avenacoside, a nutrient that keeps a healthy supply of testosterone — a libido-booster — in the system. Flax seeds also help maintain a good testosterone level. Besides, they also contain a rich supply of lignans which help combat vaginal dryness.
3. Add walnuts, pine nuts and almonds
in the breakfast bowl for an extra boost — they all contain l-arginine, an amino acid that increases blood flow to the genitals, enhancing arousal and orgasms.
4. Pumpkin seeds too are full of zinc and rich in omega 3 fatty acids, helping to up the female sex drive.
5. A helping of fresh watermelon
contains l-citrulline, an amino acid that helps dilate blood vessels and increases blood flow to the genitals – a boost for guys and
for supper is also rich in omega 3 fatty acids essential for good blood circulation and a must for improving clitoral stimulation. A serving of asparagus
with the salmon helps to maintain levels of those sexual hormones in the body such as testosterone, estrogen and progesterone, all helping to stimulate sexual responses like vaginal lubrication and clitoral swelling.
7. For dessert, chocolate-dipped bananas
(and this is not a joke) as they are rich in potassium, an essential nutrient for muscle strength, which can mean stronger muscle contractions during orgasm. They're also full of stuff good for the libido such as B vitamins and magnesium. And dipping them in chocolate means they will be loaded with phenylethylamine, a compound that releases endorphins and leads to feelings of increased excitement.
8. Red wine
is particularly good for a woman’s libido. A daily glass (and one glass only) will mean a higher level of interest in sex with better vaginal lubrication. This is in comparison to those who drink another type of alcoholic beverage or forego it entirely. Scientists conclude that it is the high levels of polyphenols in red wine that make it a libido booster. Polyphenols are a kind of antioxidant that promote good health of blood vessels, helping to widen those vessels which may account for increased blood flow to the erogenous zones.
But it is not just food and beverages that can help lift the libido
from Healing Natural Oils is a specially formulated natural, topical product for females that helps to increase sensitivity and stimulation. Women will be able to regain and enhance their female libido, making it more exciting and more satisfying with pleasurable sensations.
2. Add some fright in her life
by getting the adrenaline pumping. Choose a heart stopping activity such as sky diving or bungee jumping or taking your partner to a scary movie because according to Cindy Meston, Ph.D., the leading researcher and co-author of “Why Women Have Sex”, “When you are engaged in an exciting and exhilarating activity, your nervous system is activated and your heart is working overtime. It is similar to what happens when you are sexually aroused.
3. Among its many benefits, yoga
can also improve a female's sex drive. By becoming acquainted with her body through yoga, a woman gets to know her own sexuality better, leading to a healthier self-image and greater self-confidence. Yoga increases blood flow in the abdominal area, making climaxing an even more satisfying experience!
4. While on the subject of exercise, there is a new exercise method to improve the sex life and its called Thrust
. Thrust's creator is biologist, Olympic trainer and entrepreneur Mike Faddis and he explains that: “The Thrust program targets specific muscle and muscle groups and exercises that are proven to improve form and function
.” He adds that it is a combination of yoga, Pilates and resistance training, focusing on the lower body and increasing blood flow in the pelvic area. In the first phase, there’s weight loss to balance hormones and increase libido, followed by a lot of stretching and kegel exercises along the way. You can find out more about this workout here.
5. Still on the subject of exercise, apparently the smell of a man
after a workout can be a complete turn on for some women, increasing their level of the hormone cortisol which is the stress hormone but it contributes to a stronger desire for sex.
6. Finally guys, remember spontaneous hand holding
. This romantic gesture can ignite desire in the loins by causing the release of oxytocin which is a hormone that boosts both arousal and the need to feel closer to the other person.
Some of the common causes for loss of sex drive in women
Getting any possible problems out in the open is the best way for couples to begin to address the real reason as to why there is a problem in the first place while our suggestions could help to ignite that spark to a healthier and more satisfying future together.
- An hormonal imbalance can cause women not to have a desire for sex as much as they use to.
- Public opinion can play a role in how women view themselves. If a woman has too strong a sexual desire she could be labeled in a negative way but if she does not desire sex enough then something is wrong with her.
- Giving birth can wreak havoc on a woman’s body and cause that hormonal imbalance mentioned above. This imbalance along with breast-feeding, taking care of the new baby and having little time for herself can mean that having sex is absolutely the last thing on a woman’s mind.
- The quality of the relationship between a man and woman is very important too. While a woman who is feeling connected to her partner may have a stronger sexual desire, if the quality of nonsexual interactions is not satisfying then most women just won’t be “in the mood.”