I have been reading about salt crystal lamps and their healing benefits. Salt lamps are made of natural Himalayan crystal salt, mined from underground salt mines in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains, and appear to be growing in popularity with those who want a natural remedy for various conditions and situations.
The Himalayan salt lamp makes use of the minerals that have been preserved for millions of years, releasing their special properties through the introduction of heat from an electric bulb or from the flame of a candle.
The air we breathe every day is filled with both negative and positive ions which must remain in balance if we are to have a healthy living atmosphere. Modern day conveniences, including electronic devices as well as heating and cooling systems, produce too many positive ions and this can throw off balance the air that we breath, contributing to allergies, stress, insomnia
and other sleep disorders as well as sinus and migraine headaches
and many other health problems.
How does a salt crystal lamp work?
The lamps consist of a crystallized salt structure with a light inside. Salt naturally attracts water so these lights work by attracting water vapor from the surrounding air and along with it, airborne irritants, allergens and pathogens (such as fungi and bacteria). When the lamp becomes warm, it absorbs moisture and the crystal will be damp on the surface. The salt of the lamp dissolves the vapor and at the same time builds up the ion field. The salt crystal lamp binds the negative ions with the excess positive ions. Through the lamp, the positively charged atmosphere of a room can be neutralized, purifying the air at the same time.
The lamp will carry on working to a lesser degree even when it is turned off.
As well as in the home, the lamps can be used in the office, workplace, studio or anywhere else where you spend a lot of time, helping to alleviate symptoms. The size of the salt lamp should correspond with the size of the room where it will be placed so that the bigger the room, the bigger the salt lamp in order to achieve maximum benefits.
This crystal salt is hundreds of millions of years old and said to have special properties and high mineral content.
Some of the healing benefits
- The colours of the salt crystal stones have a healing effect. The therapeutic value of the coloured crystals can reorganize the epidermal layer of our skin.
- Tests made with children exhibiting ADHD symptoms have shown that after only one week of exposure to crystal salt lamps, their symptoms subsided only to return again after the lamps were removed.
- The negative ions combat electro-smog caused by electronic devices operating in the home.
- Symptoms associated with asthma, allergies and other conditions can lessen when the lamps are used.
- A salt lamp not only cleans the air, but it is also very attractive The beautiful orange-reddish Himalayan crystal salt is usually mounted on a wooden base and comes in different designs, shapes and sizes depending on your taste and preference.
- A Himalayan crystal salt lamp also has a healing effect on the skin.
- It can also have a healing effect on the mind, encouraging concentration and focus.
A Himalayan crystal salt lamp is a natural ionizer
While it does ionize, it also does much more. A wider definition of a Himalayan crystal salt lamp is that it is an overall healing device helping to promote the health and wellness of all individuals who use it. You might well find it helpful for your own situation. You can order and find more information online.