How Bathtime Can Give You Beauty Detox Treatments
Enjoying a soak in the bathtub can be a very enjoyable and soothing pastime.
But there are lots of benefits too, providing many different beauty detox treatments in the comfort of your own home - and at little cost.
Natural ingredients are the way to go and these include essential oils as well as common household items such as baking soda, Epsom salt and honey. They can all help to flush impurities from the body as you bathe and sweat out toxins.
Don’t be in too much of a hurry, you should allow up to forty minutes. The first twenty minutes to give your body plenty of time to remove toxins while the second twenty minutes makes time for your body to absorb the minerals in the water. The water should be hot because this helps you to sweat out the toxins.
Here are ten tips to get you started
- Here is a homemade bath bomb recipe with wild orange and rose oils as the main ingredients. Wild orange helps with uplifting the body and mind while rose essential oil helps with depression and anxiety.
- Another bath recipe is made with eucalyptus oil and Epsom salts. Along with detoxing benefits, this bath will help relieve dry and itchy winter skin.
- This recipe is for a ginger, Epsom salts and lemon detox bath and body scrub. While ginger helps combat indigestion and nausea, it also promotes improved digestion while helping to alleviate bacterial infections. A drink of ginger tea beforehand will increase those benefits.
- Looking for relief for back pain, then this is your solution. Use Epsom salts to relieve sore muscles and fight inflammation.
- A further recipe combines dead sea salts, Epsom salts, natural sea salt, bentonite clay as well as lavender and frankincense essential oils. This combination helps to calm and relax the mind and body while easing any anxiety.
- This is a homemade detox bath using fresh rosemary, lemon essential oil and fresh lemon zest for a detoxing and refreshing bath while helping to improve memory, ease the digestive system and relieve those nagging aches and pains in the muscles.
- This recipe is more unusual as milk is one of the three ingredients. It can be regular milk or coconut oil with your favorite essential oil.
- Lavender oil is a great all-around essential oil with a soothing fragrance that helps relieve anxiety and stress. Add a few drops to your bath water. There are further benefits where it can help with sleep and even improve eczema and psoriasis symptoms.
A eucalyptus and lavender soak especially on a cold day when you might be suffering from the start of a head cold or other respiratory problems will help to fight and treat those symptoms.
About Epsom salts. (MgSO4·7H2O) (n.d.).
epsomsaltcouncil.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/universal_health_institute_about_epsom_salt.pdf. (Accessed, 7 May 2021).
Fang X, et al. (2016). Dietary magnesium intake and the risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and all-cause mortality: A dose-response meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies. DOI:
10.1186/s12916-016-0742-z. Accessed, 7 May 2021).
Gröber U, et al. (2017). Myth or reality – transdermal magnesium? DOI:
10.3390/2Fnu9080813. Accessed, 7 May 2021).
myhealth.ucsd.edu/Search/19,Magnesium. Accessed, 7 May 2021).
Magnesium sulfate. (2018).
pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/magnesium_sulfate#section=Top. Accessed, 7 May 2021).