How To Avoid Recurring Warts?
Often the wart treatment you decide to use (whether it be an over-the-counter medication or other solution) is not always successful so that even after a wart shrinks or disappears, this same wart may return or spread to other parts of the body. This is because most treatments only destroy the wart – they cannot kill the virus that causes the wart.
This is why you get recurring wartsBut as you get older, you should be less likely to get warts or recurring warts because your immune system develops immunity over time. The virus that causes warts, and then recurring warts, is called human papilloma virus or HPV. It enters the skin through very small cuts or wounds. Once in the skin, it may be destroyed by a strong immune system but if you are immune deficient for any reason, the virus can get a foothold. Some children or adults are more likely to get warts than others if their immune system is less efficient. When the virus enters the body, your immune system will create antibodies in order to destroy the virus.
Your antibodies may not be strong enough to do their job if you have an impaired immune systemWarts are contagious and the virus is easily spread. Once you have the warts virus, you can infect yourself again by touching the wart and then touching another part of your body. You can also infect another person through the sharing of towels, razors or any personal or intimate items. Public showers and other places with damp warm surfaces such as locker rooms or the areas around swimming pools provide the perfect breeding ground for picking up the warts virus. Be careful not to bite your nails or cuticles. Even if you have the warts virus, it can take many months before a wart is noticed. In some people, they just become carriers of the virus and never have visible warts. A wart may return after surgery because surgery removes the wart but does not destroy the human papilloma virus that causes the wart.
Last resort treatments for wartsIf you have a history of warts that recur, you may want to discuss more aggressive ways of treating these recurring warts with your doctor or health care provider. Such a treatment is known as immunotherapy and can be used to trigger your immune system to actually destroy the virus causing the wart. However, such methods are considered “last resort” because of expense, specialized handling or even the dangerous substances that are used. Such substances are called contact sensitizers, and include squaric acid, dibutyl ester or imiquimod. Another substance is interferon which is an experimental treatment and most doctors would be loathe to use it except in extreme cases.
Boosting your immune system is an excellent way to prevent recurring wartsThis could well mean several lifestyle changes. Here are some suggestions:
- Lemon is an easy way to start. Add lemon juice to a glass of water or your cup of tea daily to help maintain your body’s internal “climate” at a pH that supports healthy bacteria instead of the viruses and harmful bacteria which thrive in more acidic environments.
- An herbal boost from the large selection of medicinal herbs, well known for their immune strengthening properties that are even safe for children too, will give your body additional support during the winter months.
- Essential oils are a particularly effective natural immune system booster. When treating conditions such acne, hemorrhoids, anal fissures, eczema, arthritis, athlete’s foot and more with products formulated from essential oils, part of the healing process is to ensure the formula is absorbed into the blood stream. This is achieved by massaging a drop of the treatment under each foot. This boosts the immune system and acts as a preventative.
- Eat raw fruits and vegetables rather than the cooked version whenever you can. Their nutritional content is unparalleled, with many antioxidants to protect those cells in your immune system from damage by toxins in the environment. Eat as many different colors of fruit and vegetables as possible. Dark colored produce such as berries, kale and broccoli are especially good as well as nuts, seeds, garlic and kelp.
- The foods that boost immunity contain Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Carotenids, Bioflavenoids, Zinc, Selenium and Omega-fatty acids. Sprirulina is good as a naturally digestible food because it supplies so many of the nutrients you need.
- Sufficiently high levels of vitamin D are vital for boosting your immune system which you can get by optimizing sun exposure year-round or by taking oral vit D3 supplement when the weather is not suitable. Whatever the weather, spend more time outdoors and take the opportunity to exercise while you are there. Encourage the whole family to do the same.
- Remind yourself to drink lots of water. Your urine should be the very palest of yellow otherwise you are just not drinking enough.
- Make sure you are getting sufficient and good quality sleep. You know how much you need as an individual and it mostly likely means you have to go to bed earlier every night to achieve the hours of sleep you require.
- Enjoy a good laugh. Laughter significantly increases the activity of T cells and other markers of healthy immune function. If we can laugh, we will automatically relieve our stress levels.
- Remember too that if you have taken antibiotics recently, you will need to restore the healthy flora balance in your body by taking a probiotic containing acidophilus. Unfortunately, antibiotics can harm the good bacteria in your system, and therefore your immune system, while they are fighting an infection in your body.
- Avoid too much coffee as caffeine depletes the minerals and vitamins in your body and dehydrates you. If you have to drink a cup of coffee, then add 2 more glasses of water to your daily water intake to counteract the downside of the coffee.
- Avoid sugar and artificial sweeteners - sugar is particularly addictive so keep sugar to the minimum and avoid the white, refined type at all costs. Artificial sweeteners contain chemicals that are potentially harmful to the immune system. Stevia is a safe and effective sugar substitute.
- Avoid smoking including second hand smoke as when you introduce cigarette smoke to your body, you are inviting multiple invaders for your immune system to chase, catch and remove. The more you smoke, the harder your immune system has to work. So of course your immune system is going to be weakened.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs as low or moderate alcohol consumption will stimulate immune functions in a positive way but excessive consumption depresses immunity. All drug abuse will cause immune dysfunction.
- Avoid processed food and the bad fats.
Apart from boosting your immune system, natural treatment is another way to treat and prevent recurring warts. Healing Natural Oils produces H-Warts which counteracts the warts virus on contact, causing warts to shrink and flake away within a period of 2 to 6 weeks. The wart is drawn right out of the skin from the underneath upwards and once eliminated, that wart will not grow back.
So no more recurring warts.