How Can You Help To Get Rid of a Horrible Headache?
No one wants to suffer from the debilitating effects of a headache.
A headache is the symptom of pain in the face, head or neck. It can occur as a migraine, tension-type headache or cluster headache. Frequent headaches can affect relationships and employment while there is also an increased risk of depression in those with severe headaches.
Here are some simple natural remedies
- Drink plenty of water. Becoming dehydrated is often a reason for developing a headache.
- Treat yourself to plenty of watermelon and other water-rich foods. The natural water contained in both fruits and vegetables is rich in essential minerals, such as magnesium, that are key in headache prevention.
- Apply ice to the temples, wrapping in a thin cloth first.
- Massage peppermint oil into the temples, or use a diffuser to help diffuse the oil into the air. While peppermint oil should never be taken orally, you can make tea using peppermint leaves, helping you to think more clearly and feel more alert.
- Drink a cup of coffee but only in moderation. As the caffeine in coffee is a vasoconstrictor, it can help alleviate a headache by helping to reduce the size of the blood vessels.
- Eat something spicy. For example, foods such as salsa and hot peppers may help you recover from a headache faster especially if it is due to sinus congestion, spicy foods may help to decrease congestion and open the airways, helping to decrease pressure and the accompanying headache.
- Make yourself a cup of ginger tea, using fresh or dried root of the ginger plant. You can also use crushed ginger powder. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory properties that help to decrease tension and reduce inflammation-caused pain while boasting antioxidant properties that help to eliminate free radicals and toxins that may cause recurrent headaches.
- Are you suffering from stress? Stress causes us to take short and shallow breaths which leads to an increase in the level of carbon dioxide in the body. This leads to the dilation of blood vessels in the head, the result being common headache pain. When suffering from stress try to inhale slowly through your nose, count up to five before exhaling slowly and count to five again.
- Apply a few drops of H-Headaches Formula. The product is used to target the symptoms associated with headaches such as throbbing on the head and over the eyes and pain at the back of the head.
This product is applied topically by massaging into your temples and the back of your neck, quickly helping to relieve the symptoms of headache tension.
Only a few drops per application are needed to help with that horrible headache!