How to Moisturize Your Hands
Keeping Our Hands Clean
Our hands are always in the thick of things, busy working, moving and touching throughout the day. And of course, all the touching makes them a good tool for picking up and passing on germs to ourselves and to others. This is why our hands have to be washed frequently.
Would you believe that there are several steps to follow for an effective hand washing routine?
- Wetting the hands with clean running water (hot or cold).
- Reaching for the soap. Try to use natural soap (either bar or liquid) so that your hands are not having to deal with unnecessary chemicals. You also don’t want to use a soap that is going to dry out your skin.
- Lathering it up. If you are going to do a thorough job, it’s important to sufficiently wet the hands and use a reasonable amount of soap before efficiently lathering up. Scrub each part of your hands, from the palms to the knuckles and between each finger. To remove even more germs, don’t forget the wrists and forearms. Allow about twenty seconds for this step.
- Cleaning under your nails with a nail brush. While you’re washing your hands, use a good quality nail brush to gently scrub beneath your nails and remove any dirt.
- Rinsing well will help to reduce skin irritation especially if you have sensitive skin.
- Drying with a clean towel to avoid transferring unwanted germs back on to your clean hands.
- An additional step once a week is to exfoliate your hands. Wash your hands with a moisturizing soap beforehand and then use a hand scrub to buff away the dry, rough skin and keep your hands soft and healthy. Wet your hands with lukewarm water and massage a small amount of the scrub over both of your hands, working in circular motions. Rinse it off with warm water. Make your own natural scrub by combining equal parts of sugar and olive oil.
But all that hand washing does take its toll...
Adding Valuable Moisture to Our hands
Taking care of our hands should not just be an occasional treat when we are feeling guilty about them. We should be giving them as much tender loving care as we give our faces. Our hands are always on show, our hands become expressive when we speak - and we even draw attention to them when we decorate them with jewelry and nail polish. Perhaps the simplest and easiest way to look after our hands and to reward them for all their hard work is to use a few drops of our Simply Hand Oil Formula regularly. This luxurious hand treatment will instantly improve the skin on your hands’ natural moisture cushion while restoring comfort and glow.
With its all-natural ingredients working together, Simply Hand Oil will:
- Deep-down hydrate, soften and enhance the look of the skin.
- Provide nourishment while promoting healthy and radiant looking hands.
- Taking care of your hands does take a bit of effort but you want to make sure that you are using the right products both to wash and to moisturize your hands so that they don’t become dry and cracked – and always look their best.
- Of course, it is also very important to protect your hands in the first place from all the things that can cause irritation: the weather, water and all types of chores and activities.