8 Ways to Use Coconut Oil in Your Daily Beauty Routine
One of the most natural products you can use as part of your daily beauty routine is Coconut Oil. Rich in fatty acids, coconut oil will help in moisturizing the skin and increasing skin elasticity. Coconut oil contains many antioxidants, especially vitamin E, meaning it can protect skin from external damage such as sun damage. The word "oil" can be misleading as it is actually a solid - until it reaches roughly body temperature. Coconut oil is widely available and fairly inexpensive.
The good news is that there are many ways to use coconut oil as part of your daily beauty regime. We've listed 8 ways you can use coconut oil daily:
1. Great hair conditioner
Coconut oil can be used as a quick conditioner by applying a teaspoon of coconut oil to your hair ends before running your fingers through the hair to distribute the oil. For a deeper treatment, rub in a tablespoon of coconut oil onto your dry scalp and gently work through to the ends. Put a shower cap on to prevent transfer onto bed linens and leave on overnight. At the same time and if you have a bit of dandruff (a sign of dry skin or too much oil secretion on the scalp), coconut oil will moisturize dry skin on the scalp while helping to control too much oil secretion.
2. Soften your cuticles
Rough and dry cuticles to your nails can be successfully conditioned with coconut oil, making them soft and easy to work with so that you can safely push them back with a manicure stick. Because coconut oil is solid, but melts at skin temperature, you can fill a tiny tub or jar with coconut oil to store with your manicure tools in order to use it every time you do your nails.
3. Make a foot scrub with coconut oil
Add some sugar or coarse salt to the coconut oil and you’ve got an instant foot scrub! (Mix in a bowl with a spoon so the heat of your hands doesn't melt the oil right away.) Coconut oil is anti-fungal, making it an ideal ingredient for a foot scrub. Plus, the sugar or salt will exfoliate any rough patches on your feet. The coconut oil will also soften any calluses on your feet.
4. Moisturize your lips with coconut oil
Coconut oil works well as a moisturizer so if you have dry and chapped lips, applying the oil can provide instant healing and relief, acting as a softening agent firstly and then secondly as a protection against sun and wind. Apply some at bedtime too to wake up with healthy, supple lips.
5. Tame the frizzy flyaway hair
If you suffer from frizzy flyaway hairs, use a tiny bit of coconut oil rubbed between your palms and either scrunch into the hair (when it is curly) or finger comb through from scalp to ends (when the hair is wavy or straight. If you apply more than a tiny bit, it can make you hair look oily.
6. A natural deodorant
You can safely use coconut oil as a deodorant. Just apply a small amount to each armpit and gently massage into the skin.
7. Relief from sunburn
While we all need sufficient sunlight to improve our vitamin D levels, we do not need sunburn as it can be dangerous. If your skin turns more than the minimum of pale pink when out in the sun, move out of it quickly and rub liberal amounts of coconut oil onto the affected area.
8. Trouble with circulation especially in cold weather?
Apply coconut oil to the skin in a light circular pattern towards the heart. This is similar to dry skin brushing.
Our Skincare starter pack
Use our special trio of products for the ultimate daily beauty routine: Simply Face Oil by day and Simply Skin Vitamin Oil and Simply Neck Firming Oil by night.
- Simply Face Oil – will help to tighten and tone the skin. The Oil is rich in a high concentration of vitamins, minerals and powerful antioxidants, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, essential fatty acids and squalene. Plant extracts contain all the nutrients our skin requires to be healthy.
- Simply Skin Vitamin Oil - is a one of a kind nutritional blend of oils to feed the delicate skin on your face. Rich in antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and Omega fatty acids, this rare formula is made from a blend of pure natural cold pressed and expeller pressed precious oils with a small molecular structure so they can penetrate the skin.
- Simply Neck Firming Oil – will help tone and tighten the skin as well as increase the appearance of the skin's overall elasticity. It nourishes and hydrates the skin to help minimize developing lines, wrinkles and turkey neck, ensuring a smooth soft neckline and décolletage.