With so many still confined to their homes, this could be when you have a little more time on your hands to establish a better and consistent routine for looking after your skin?
While it is well known that we should clean our faces at night and remove all make up, we don't always realize that ensuring a regular night time routine will reap the benefits for your skin when you wake up the next morning.
Cleanse and remove make up
Simply Cleansing Oil
will gently unclog the pores, lift any grime and embedded impurities – without stripping the skin’s natural oils. As well as cleansing the dirt of the day, the Cleansing Oil will get rid of stubborn eye makeup too. Use just a drop to smooth across your eyelids and through your lashes before wiping any makeup off with a cotton pad.
Moisturizing your face should always follow cleansing. If you wash your face with water, you wash away the skin's essential oils. Moisturizing will help to replenish those essential oils especially if you are using a natural product that has essential oils in its ingredients. Simply Face Oil
is a non-greasy, natural face moisturizer for all skin types to nourish and improve skin elasticity as well as moisturize.
During your beauty routine, take an extra couple of minutes and use our Simply Body Oil
to deep moisturize all the extra dry areas of your body including elbows, knees, heels and hands and feet.
There are several ways to nourish your skin wherever it may appear (as part of your night time routine):
- There is Simply Eye Serum to enhance the skin around your eyes while targeting any dark circles or bags under the eyes.
- There is Simply Neck Oil for a smooth soft neckline and décolletage.
- There is Simply Skin Vitamin Oil providing pure nutrition for your face including your lips.
- There is Simply Night Face Oil to nourish your skin while you sleep.
- There is H-Glow to reduce the appearance of any fine lines or wrinkles on your face.
You are really spoilt for choice here!
Think about using a silk pillowcase
Depending on your sleeping position, your facial skin can be tugged and pulled especially if you move around a lot in your sleep. Silk pillowcases will instead caress your skin while you sleep. Your face has more contact with your pillow cover than any other fabric, making your choice of material especially important.
A silk pillowcase will:
- Help to keep your face looking refreshed, healthy, glowing and smooth while even reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Help to prevent acne outbreaks.
- Help your skin retain moisture.
- Help to reduce your skin’s chemical exposure. Silk is naturally hypoallergenic.
- Help to reduce that “bed head” look and split ends in your hair.
Some other night time hints for looking after your skin
If you continue these same habit and night time routines for at least a month, they become a way of life - which your skin will certainly love you for!
- Sleep on your back. Pushing your face into a regular cotton pillowcase on your pillow can contribute to wrinkles and creases. Try sleeping on your back instead.
- Use a humidifier. Do you live in an extreme climate where you have to sleep with air conditioning or central heating switched on through the night? Ideally, we do better sleeping in a cooler room rather than a cold or too warm environment. Keeping moisture in the air will help prevent your skin from drying out. Having a humidifier filled with water into can help achieve this.
- Get a good night’s sleep. In addition to bedtime skin routines, getting a good night of sleep is essential to natural, healthy looking skin. Our own Sleep Aid Formula can help you achieve peaceful sleep with no tossing and turning.
- And finally, don’t forget your hair. Looking after your hair is all part of a daily and nightly beauty routine too. Use our Simply Hair Oil for dry hair once or twice a week, leaving it in while you sleep, as a night time moisturizer or condition. Never sleep with your hair caught up in a ponytail as this can increase hair breakage.