How to Remove Nail Fungus from Toenails Naturally
The three stages of nail fungus
- The nail plate is still shiny and transparent but yellow and white spots have started to appear.
- The nail plate loses its transparency and gloss while yellowish spots occupy the entire surface, beginning a partial destruction of the nail.
- The nail plate thickens while the nail itself starts to retreat behind the nail bed and crumbles.
Tips for preventing nail fungus
- Always dry feet and hands after washing, bathing or exercise.
- Be aware of the type of footwear you select. Shoes that cannot breathe and are damp or wet will encourage fungus to start or spread.
- Be careful of damp areas such as public gyms, shower stalls or swimming pools as toenail fungus can be spread easily.
- Diet plays an important role in eliminating fungal conditions. Include more probiotics in the diet while reducing or eliminating sugar, dairy products and vinegar.
How can you remove nail fungus safely?
Foot bath treatment for nail fungus
- 4 to 5 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 cup white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
Daud FV, et al. (2011). The use of ozonized oil in the treatment of dermatophitosis caused by Microsporum Canis in rabbits [Abstract].
Derby R, et al. (2011). Novel treatment of onychomyosis using over-the-counter mentholated ointment: A clinical case series.
containing tea tree oil in the growth of Trichophyton rubrum.