Why do you think cats and dogs turn to a few mouthfuls of grass when they feel under the weather? They know better than us humans that grasses of all kinds, whether wheat grass, barley grass, oat, rye or other varieties are the ultimate in detoxification and nutrition - offering effective antioxidant activity.
We all need antioxidants to get rid of free radicals
Free radicals can be seen almost like rogue runaway molecules that cause chain reactions converting other cells into free radicals damaging cells, increasing cancer risk and accelerating ageing.
Not what we want at all.
We don't help when we smoke, use pesticides or cause pollution and radiation
Grain grass contains all the vitamins we need except for vitamin D...and we can get that from our daily dose of sunlight (or supplements if the weather is not suitable).
Look at the figures
- 23 times more vitamin than carrots.
- 9 times more vitamin B1 than leafy green vegetables.
- 22 times more vitamin B2 than lettuce.
- 14 times more vitamin C than tomatoes and citrus fruits.
- Plus wheat grass and barley grass clean and enrich the blood and organs; flush out the intestinal tract; revitalize and nourish the body with antioxidants and essential nutrients; support rejuvenation at the cellular level and increase your youthful appearance by fighting free radicals.
- The liquid oxygen sunshine (or chlorophyll) in grass rejuvenates and clears all those toxins from your intestines.
You can easily grow your own – even in a window box if space is limited
Here is what you need to do:
- Growing wheat grass at home is easy from seeds or whole grain wheat berries, by hand or with a sprouting kit. Perfect for having wheat grass on hand for smoothies at all times!
- Grow from seed and plant in window trays. Once the wheat grass has sprouted, let it grow to about 15 cm before cutting and harvesting. Use a hand or electric juicer to chop it all up and experiment on how best you enjoy drinking it. Some people like to add other ingredients to make a smoothie. If you really cannot grow your own, you can buy ready made in powder form, or tablets and capsules. Just make sure you get the best quality you can afford.
Get into the wheat grass habit and you could score with
- Improved digestion - wheat grass only takes 1 minute to digest.
- Blood pressure regulation.
- Faster wound healing.
- Prevention of bacterial growth.
- Prevention of tooth decay.
- A purification effect on the blood - because of its high chlorophyll content, wheatgrass has a strong alkalizing and detoxifying effect on the body.
- A balancing effect on blood sugar.
- Removal of toxins, pollutants and heavy metals.
And there is much more too
- 1 serving of wheat grass juice is the rough equivalent of 1 1/2 pounds of dark leafy green vegetables.
- Like all chlorophyll-rich green plants, wheat grass is high in oxygen and therefore an excellent source of natural energy.
- Wheat grass is superior to other green plants because it has more than 100 elements needed by humans.
- Even though the word “wheat” is in its name, wheat grass is gluten-free.
- The best time to have wheat grass juice is on an empty stomach and one hour before eating so that all the beneficial nutrients are completely available to the body for absorption.
Just one word of warning
Depending on how toxic your body is, wheat grass juice can cause headaches or increased bowel movements as the body detoxifies. Otherwise, expect lots of energy as the only side effect.
In addition, the high vitamin content of wheat grass will even help with chronic skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema while slowing down the ageing process.