The main fact about colloidal silver is that it is already known as a very potent natural antibiotic. With the misuse and overuse of pharmaceutical antibiotics over the past decades, this is especially good to know.
Usually, an antibiotic kills 6 or so bacteria, but silver kills some 650 different types. Resistant strains do not develop in response to silver like they do with antibiotics. Another downside of course to antibiotics is that they kill the GOOD bacteria along with the bad. Colloidal silver does not.
In addition, colloida silver or CS is also a pure, natural, anti-microbial, viricide, bactericide, fungicide and disinfectant.
A little bit of history
The fact that silver killed off bacteria was known for centuries but only became a proven germ fighter in the early 1900s, being highly germicidal yet absolutely harmless and non-toxic to humans. Colloidal silver has proven very helpful when used against all species of fungi, bacteria, protozoa, parasites and certain viruses but with the development of pharmaceutical antibiotics, it went out of fashion.
Now we have turned full circle, and those who are interested in natural health are choosing safer ways to keep healthy.
There is a strict tradition in India (believed to date back several thousand years) and that is for a father to give a silver cup and spoon to his daughter when she gives birth to her first child, ensuring in this way that every baby gets food and drink provided in silver vessels. It is considered a healthy practice so that every time you eat food or drink a beverage, a small quantity of silver enters your body (without your knowledge) to work for you.
Legend also has it that silver's healing properties were first suspected during the Middle Ages when it was noticed that the wealthy (who ate off silver platters) survived plagues and other health problems much better than the poorer people (who did not). However, there could have been many other reasons for this including just having more to eat in the first place.
Here are the top ten ways to use colloidal silver for self healing
(Courtesy of NaturalNews.com)
1. Spray onto burns to prevent infections and promote faster healing without scarring.
2. Spray or dab onto ringworm, boils, herpes sores and warts
for faster healing.
3. If you're having bronchial problems or walking pneumonia, put some colloidal silver in a nebulizer and breathe it into your bronchial area and lungs directly.
4. Small amounts taken daily as a tonic will give (what some call) a second immune system to guard against colds and flu.
5. Colloidal silver drops can be used for ear infections without any harmful side effects. Some use it for eye and nasal infections as well.
6. It can be applied topically for vaginal yeast infections, oral thrush and even used as a treatment for jock itch
7. Colloidal silver can be used by pregnant women to assist fetal development and easier delivery of the newborn child.
8. If taken early at the onset of a cold, flu or bronchitis, the user is likely to get over it quickly without harming beneficial bacteria.
9. Colloidal silver can be used successfully to combat MRSA
(methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) staph infections that can be fatal. MRSA is now resistant to antibiotics. While it usually occurs during hospital stays, it has become rampant enough to originate outside hospitals.
10. There has been some success using colloidal silver with AIDS patients. It adds a layer of needed additional immunity while destroying existing pathogens.
But there is even more
- Colloidal silver can be used as a remedy for mouth infections, toothaches, sore throats, acne, rashes and to dab on wounds (even septic ones).
- Suffering from irritable bowel syndrome flare ups? Take an ounce of CS 1 to 3 times per day to eliminate the problem.
- Use a clean empty saline nasal spray bottle and fill with straight CS to use as a nasal spray before going out in winter and flu season - as a preventative.
- Keep a small bottle of colloidal silver in your car or hand bag and use as a hand sanitizer when no regular hand washing facilities are available.
- Colloidal silver has proven to be very effective in treating fibromyalgia. An initial daily dose of 2 to 4 oz can be reduced to 1 oz once the condition improves.
- Colloidal silver is an excellent first aid item for long-term preparedness and survival. It is also a natural preservative.
- You can use as a fan or air conditioner unit sterilizer.
- Colloidal silver can be taken internally to fight bacteria, fungus and infections.
- Colloidal silver gel, which is a combination homeopathic / silver solution for topical use, can replace all topical antiseptics and antibiotic ointments in your medicine cabinet.
A word of warning
Make sure you avoid "silver protein" or anything with extremely high parts per million - even if not labeled silver protein. In fact, silver protein is not a protein at all but the name given to large particles of silver in high concentration. This is the one that can lead to the blue skin (known as Argyria and caused by IMPROPER exposure to chemical forms of the element silver, silver dust or silver compounds) and the same product that has given actual colloidal silver some bad publicity.
Some tips on using CS
- When using colloidal silver internally, take 1 teaspoon 3 times a day with a plastic spoon (and not silverware) - at least twenty minutes before or after food or beverages - until the condition improves.
- Like most natural products, colloidal silver is best stored in a cool place or out of sunlight.
Anecdotes from friends on the benefits of CS for pets
I have two friends who use CS regularly for their pets – one has cats and one has dogs.
The dog owner told me: “ I have a dog diagnosed with heart worms. I am doing the slow kill method and a friend suggested I give him CS as his drinking water. Well, I got a few unexpected surprises. My almost 10 year old dog with a mouth full of rotten teeth (and breath bad enough to bowl you over!), had her breath clear up within a month. Both dogs had those colored streaks from their eyes down their faces and those are gone.
The cat lover related how she uses it for two feral cats who live permanently in her garden: “I put an ounce or two of colloidal silver in the outdoor feral kitteh's water bowl if Callie has the sniffles or Toby has been in a fight and has scratches. It seems to work very well — they heal up
." She adds that: “Since they are feral, I can't get them into a carrier to go to the vet so I use CS, diatomaceous earth for fleas and a grain free diet (and pray for them!)
Be wary of your source for buying your own supply of colloidal silver – ensure it is reputable
Here are two good sources available online for colloidal silver as recommended by those same friends. One is Global Light Network
and the other is
American Biotech Labs' Silver Biotics. They also have a silver gel for topical applications, including inside the mouth for gum and tooth problems.
Many people who swear about the effectiveness of colloidal silver make their own. If you find that colloidal silver is helping you, you might like to find out more about this process here.