Adding mascara to the eyelashes is part of the daily beauty regime for many of us but there are some tips we can share if your eyelashes are not as thick and luxuriant as you might like...
Top tips for your eyelashes
- Avoid using waterproof mascara as it often means weaker lashes which can fall out or break when you attempt to remove that mascara at bedtime. Instead, choose a water-resistant mascara.
- Avoid using eyelash extensions which are expensive and damaging.
- Never go to sleep without removing your makeup.
- Remember not to rub your eyes, it can lead to puffiness and even infection.
- As you grow older, look for a mascara that is specifically designed for the more mature woman with thinning eyelashes.
What happens to your eyelashes as you age?
Often the care needed for our eyelashes must be adjusted as we grow older. We might start to notice that if we once had long eyelashes, they are not as long as they used to be, becoming sparser and loosing their length and volume.
The menopause can be partly responsible, often resulting in hormonal imbalances that thin our hair, our eyebrows - and yes, our lashes too.
What are the requirements for the ideal mascara as we grow older?
Water-resistant, not waterproof
- With all-natural growth vitamins (such as Biotin and Peptides)
- Actually provide great length and volume
For sensitive eyes (all organic ingredients)
- Able to apply it on short and sparse eyelashes
- For every-day use
More tips on how to grow eyelashes longer and stronger
1. Olive oil
which is rich in essential fatty acids that act as emollients to moisturize and soften your eyelashes. Use a disposable mascara brush, dip into the oil before brushing onto your lashes.
2. Apply vitamin E oil which is said to be another aid for promoting stronger and moisturized eyelashes.
3. Comb or brush your eyelashes which is a tip that professional make-up artists often share. Foldable eyelash brushes are available online!
4. Moisturize with virgin coconut oil (one that is natural and cold pressed) so that it is safe to use around the eyes as well as a good moisturizer and a way to strengthen your lashes.
5. Another suggestion is to use castor oil for promoting hair growth - and is one of the most common ingredients found in popular eyelash serums.
6. Our own Almond Oil is 100% pure and natural Prunus dulcis (Sweet Almond) Kernel Oil and a rich source of mono-saturated fats, vitamin E, magnesium, and calcium. It helps to moisturize your eyelashes while promoting growth, and helps to prevent your lashes from falling out.