Turmeric Recipes For Arthritis & Flu Symptoms Relief
Turmeric has enormous health benefits. Although often thought of as just a spice, it is a traditional natural home remedy and particularly rich in anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties - yes, both an inflammation and a cancer fighter
Relief of arthritis symptomsArthritis is one such inflammatory condition and recent studies (see sources at foot of this article) have found that curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, is more effective in alleviating rheumatoid arthritis (RA) symptoms than the NSAID drug Voltaren. The two groups participating in the study reported that while no one in the curcumin group withdrew from the study (due to side effects), 14% of those in the NSAID group did so - finding that NSAIDs often caused serious adverse effects, including ulcers and heart problems.
Our turmeric recipe for arthritis and moreOne way to ensure a daily dose of turmeric for arthritis (or any other inflammatory condition such as hemorrhoids for example) is to take a generous spoonful of turmeric paste. It you find the taste a little too earthy, follow up with a spoonful of coconut oil. I have shared this recipe for turmeric paste before but here it is again…. Recipe for turmeric paste The paste can be kept in the refrigerator for 2 or 3 weeks in a glass air tight container. Just remember that turmeric is a strong yellow color and can stain your clothes and other items if not handled with care. You will need:
- 1/4 cup turmeric
- 1/2 cup pure filtered water
More health benefits for turmeric
- As well as its strong anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric destroys bacteria that cause diseases and promotes the body’s natural defences.
- Unlike synthetic antibiotics (manufactured by the pharmaceutical companies), turmeric has no negative effects on the intestinal micro flora.
- Golden honey is the way to improve digestion and increase the beneficial flora activity in the gut. At the same time, it provides you with a strong and natural antibiotic.
- 3 to 5 oz. (100 grams) of raw organic honey
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- Day 1 – Take ½ teaspoon every hour during the day
- Day 2 – Take ½ teaspoon every two hours during the day
- Day 3 – Take ½ teaspoon three times a day
One word of warning
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22407780 http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/06/13/the-spice-that-is-better-than-drugs-for-ra.aspx http://www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/treatments/natural/supplements-herbs/guide/turmeric.php