What You Don't Know About Coffee & How It Can Help You | Amoils.com
Well you can safely forget all the detrimental words you have heard or read about coffee and instead, learn below how it can actually help you in lots of different ways.
But first one proviso...
– it must be freshly brewed organic coffee and not a beverage made from instant coffee.
This is because coffee is one of the most heavily pesticide-sprayed crops.
- Coffee (and to a lesser degree tea) can improve your cognitive function, helping to increase your focus when carrying out taxing tasks – so yes, it will help you to get through the day.
- A cup of strong coffee before physical exercise can improve your physical performance and even lessen the after effects of overdoing it.
- A cup of coffee can be helpful if you suffer pain as according to greenmedinfo, coffee contains morphine-like substances: "Coffee: the oil known as cafestrol which is found in both decaffeinated and caffeinated coffee contains potent morphine-like activity. Many of coffee’s effects therefore may be mediated via opiate receptors, as well as the effects of caffeine."
- That same cup can also increase your metabolic rate and enhance fat burning.
- A study at the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston, found that women who drank 4 or more cups of coffee daily had less chance of developing depression than those who drank one cup or less. It did not mention men.
- Regular drinkers of coffee could live longer as coffee drinkers were less likely to die from heart disease, respiratory disease, stroke, injuries and accidents, diabetes, and infections. Drinking coffee does not increase your risk of heart disease and may even decrease your risk of a stroke while consuming coffee can considerably reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Drinking coffee (and also tea) lessens your chance of developing Parkionson's disease as well as Alzheimer's and other forms of diementia. Drinking 3 large cups of coffee a day could protect against the development of Lewy bodies in the brain (thought to be the earliest, preclinical stage of Parkinson's disease) suggests a new study.
- You know how your liver is at risk from alcohol and sugar and how hard it works to try and eliminate toxins? Well you might actually be doing your liver a favor by drinking coffee because studies have found it may be protective, especially against liver cirrhosis.
- Colon cancer is 4th highest in the cancer death lottery but significantly, coffee may reduce the chances of getting colon cancer by up to 27% for those who drink 4 or more cups per day.
- Probably not all that important for people who are eating a healthy daily diet with plenty of nutrients, but coffee does actually contain some small quantities of nutrients – namely B2, B5, B3, B1, magnesium, manganese and potassium - and every little can help.
- And the cherry on the top or the cream on your coffee? Coffee is a great source of antioxidants.
So feel free to feed your coffee habit minus any guilt - but, in addition to only using organic coffee, a couple of other warnings: no sugar or artificial sweetener in your coffee, use safer non-bleached filters, drink from glass or ceramic coffee mugs and you are ready to face that long day ahead safely!