10 Healthy Benefits from Laughter, The Best Medicine | Amoils.com
When you laugh, your brain releases endorphins that create feelings of joy and euphoria. So don’t let anybody ever stop you from having a good laugh – they could be harming your health. Remember that you cannot laugh and be stressed at the same time. So turn away from a sterner and more serious way of living to a lighter, laughter-filled lifestyle. Laughing is one of the few times when it is good to be contagious – if you are having a good laugh, chances are that those around you will join in too.
Laughter is a wonderful gift that multiplies when shared
1. Laughter relaxes the whole body, relieving physical tension and stress while leaving your muscles relaxed for nearly an hour afterwards. The chemicals in the brain that are released when you laugh can act as an antidepressant.
2. Laughter boosts the immune system by decreasing stress hormones and increasing those immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies. A stronger immune system equates to better resistance to disease. Laughter is considered to be such a stress releaser that some studies have shown that laughing assists in healing cancer.
3. Laughter releases endorphins to give you a natural all over feel good feeling. Those endorphins will also even relieve pain if only temporarily.
4. Laughter improves the function of blood vessels and increases blood flow, helping to protect against heart attacks and other cardiovascular problems.
5. In an intense situation or even an occasion as serious as a death of a friend or family member, people will often find that laughter will relieve the tension and make everyone feel better even if it is just for a few minutes.
6. Laughter makes for healthier and happier personal relationships.
7. Laughter attracts others to us – both socially and in the work place.
8. Laughter can help to get a team going on a difficult task to be achieved, while promoting group bonding.
9. Laughter can give you many mental health benefits by adding joy to life, easing anxiety and fear, enhancing your resilience and just generally improving your mood and that of others around you.
10. Laughter can give you hope when perhaps it is a bit thin on the ground, can lift your spirits when you wonder if there is any point and just generally make you feel all round that much better.
In a often too serious world, it is not that surprising that TV sit coms enjoy good ratings in many parts of the world and that stand-up comics have become so popular.
Make sure you create plenty of opportunities for laughter in your life and don’t worry about the laughter lines or wrinkles!