Hangover or Hungover, Overhang Might Be The Help You Need
Many will manage to drink more than they should and feel the consequences the next morning – even if it is really just once in a blue moon.
What are the symptoms of a hangover?
You know you have a hangover when you have a headache, nausea, intestinal upset (and perhaps diarrhea), aches in the muscles and joints plus fatigue.
This morning I heard a guy talking on the radio here in the UK about a product he has recently introduced on to the market and made from his own Italian family recipe which, like all good family recipes, has been handed down the generations.
He says that Overhang is ideal for the morning after or the night before.
What I liked about the sound of it was the natural ingredients it contains
- Milk Thistle.
- Lime juice blended with orange juice, bursting with vitamin C to help with tiredness and fatigue and give you a natural boost.
- Ginger, the aromatic root which may help to eliminate digestive discomfort.
- Niacin which contributes to your energy yielding metabolism and normal psychological function.
- Filtered water.
- Burdock root extract.
- Raspberry leaf extract.
- Vitamin B6.
Looking at the reviews, it was a very popular pick-me-up over the Christmas festive season.
Other natural ways to help with the effects of a hangover
- Moderate exercise will assist in getting relief from your hangover by helping the body rid itself of toxins, because the increased circulation gets blood and oxygen to your oxygen-starved brain. A good brisk walk will have the best results.
- An excess of alcohol means you are dehydrated. One of the best preventative measures is to drink 2 to 3 large glasses of water before you go to bed as hydrating your system helps counteract the effects of the alcohol.
- Taking some vitamin B supplements before bed will also be very beneficial. They are important in aiding the alcohol metabolizing process and in dilating blood vessels. B-vitamins will help restore your energy level. You will need to take a high potency B-complex supplement for this remedy to work (50-75 mg of B-complex twice a day).
- Other remedies include taking a probiotic supplement such as acidophilus which helps restore the flora balance in your stomach.
Simple “morning after” remedies
If Overhang is not available in your part of the world, you can put together your own “morning after” by adding 2 teaspoons of fresh lime juice and a teaspoon of sugar to a glass of water before drinking it slowly to help stabilize your blood sugar which will be low.
Another remedy is to make a banana milkshake sweetened with raw honey. The banana helps calm the stomach and, with the honey, builds up the depleted blood sugar levels. The milk soothes the stomach and re-hydrates your system. Bananas are also rich in the important electrolytes, magnesium and potassium which become severely depleted during heavy drinking.
A word of warning
And this is about not taking pain killers when you are suffering from an excess of alcohol. Pain killers will put extra strain on on your stomach, kidney and liver which are already being over worked processing the alcohol in your system.