Are You Still Undergoing Regular Mammograms Or Have You Changed To A Safer Form Of Screening? | Amoils.com
Women are well aware of mammogram but perhaps not so of thermograms. And yet, thermograms are safer, painless, more efficient and don’t radiate you.
Sadly, mammograms expose your body to doses of radiation that can even be up to 1,000 times greater than that from a chest x-ray. And remember that this x-ray technology is cumulative so it builds up in your tissue. Thermography, using a different method, sees the “heat” generated by any developing growth long before it shows up as a palpable mass.
Here are some interesting differences between the two
- Mammograms have an increasing percentage of false positives even after beginning at 10% while thermography has a constant false positive possibility of only 5%.
- Mamography detects cancer sites that can usually already be detected by touch while thermography detects possible cancer far before mamography – typically 12 months earlier.
- Mammography detects anatomic or structural changes like tumors and cysts while thermography detects physiologic or actual functional changes. Physiological changes ALWAYS come before anatomic changes. Therefore, thermography offers an opportunity for early detection, intervention and prevention.
Check the pictures that show progressive cancer growth via thermography, and notice when there is a first detection via mamography: https://www.arizonaadvancedmedicine.com/Services/Thermography.aspx
In his article on the dangers of mammograms which you can find here, Dr Mercola makes these points regarding mammograms:
- “Only about 1 in 8 women whose breast cancer was identified during a routine mammogram actually had their lives “saved” by the screening, a recent analysis estimated – and this does not accurately account for how many women will fall victim to mammogram-induced breast cancer.
- Many of these tumors would have grown very slowly, if at all, and never would have threatened or decreased the quality of the woman’s life.
- Many invasive breast cancers “spontaneously regress” when left undiagnosed and untreated, according to new research published in The Lancet Oncology.
- X-ray mammography uses a uniquely harmful type of ionizing radiation which has been linked to the development of invasive breast cancer.
- The intense push for breast screenings has many women believing, falsely, that the technology actually “prevents” breast cancer, distracting them from other, truly preventive and effective strategies.”
What does medical insurance cover?
At present,medical insurance does not pay for thermography in the US but, if enough women stop using mammography and used only thermography, insurance companies would eventually come around to a new way of thinking. It would save such insurance companies a lot of money in the end. At the moment the cost of a thermogram appears to vary between $150 and $200.
In the UK, where thermography is less well known and clinics few and far between, there is a another form of screening recently arrived on the scene. MARIA is the name of pain-free radio-wave 8 seconds breast scanner. This woman-friendly and more reliable system might be the future of breast screening in the rest of Europe too. For more information, here is a site to check out.
Unfortunately mammograms have become part of the pink ribbon campaign and very much a multi-billion dollar industry. In spite of the questions of safety, the pain suffered from women who undergo this degrading procedure and the lack of efficacy, mammograms continue to be touted as the screening method of choice by the medical community.
Thermography is an excellent alternative to a mammogram using infrared imaging to screen for breast cancer so that all exposure to radiation is eliminated.