Are Breast Stretch Marks Causing You Distress? | Amoils.com
Stretch marks can appear on any part of the body where the skin has insufficient elasticity to allow it to stretch to accommodate any expansion or growth. Unfortunately, this also includes the breasts.
Stretch marks on breasts
Stretch marks on the breasts are possible during the rapid growth that occurs (a) during puberty and (b) during pregnancy, causing embarrassment and self-consciousness for many.
How to avoid stretch marks on the breasts in the first place
Many teens are totally unaware that they might even suffer from stretch marks at this stage in their lives so it is unlikely that they will even think about prevention. However, women, who are planning on becoming pregnant or who are pregnant already, do have the opportunity to put a prevention plan into place. The real trick about such a plan is to start a healthy skin maintenance ritual beforehand.
Here are some suggestions
- If you are pregnant, limit your weight gain to no more than the recommended amount of 25 to 35 pounds PLUS this weight gain should be as gradual as possible. Let your skin stretch at a steady rate.
- Good nutrition is vital for your developing baby but also contributes to the strength and health of your skin. Just the regular intake of plenty of fresh fruit, herbs and of course vegetables can improve the skin dramatically by increasing the objective markers of skin health.
- Your diet should include foods rich in zinc such as nuts and fish as well as those high in vitamins A, C and D such as carrots, citrus fruits and milk and those foods rich in protein such as eggs. Don’t forget to eat avocados whenever you can.
- Drink large amounts of water as hydration is good for skin health, improves skin elasticity and complements the effects of any natural remedies you choose to utilize.
- Use a brush or wash cloth to massage the areas such as the breasts where you have noticed stretch marks or want to prevent them occurring. This will increase circulation to the area.
- Keep on taking your extra vitamins. Vitamins E, A and D are particularly helpful to encourage good skin health. The effect of Vitamin E both internally and externally is thanks to its regenerative effect on skin, penetrating deep into the skin to stimulate the growth of new cells while replacing the scar tissue found under stretch marks. Applying vitamin E will make the skin less likely to tear, significantly decreasing the chance of stretch marks. Although vitamin A is best known for its positive effects on vision, it is just as important to the skin with its stimulating effect on cell regeneration, improving the appearance of striae (stretch marks) and regulating epidermal (skin) cell growth. Vitamin D3 is necessary for new skin cell production and complements the function of vitamins A and E in the regeneration process of the epidermis as well as being an important all round “feel good” hormone.
- Keep moisturizing your skin right from the first trimester until well after you have given birth and returned to your pre-pregnancy weight. Oils that are specially formulated for stretch mark prevention and stretch mark removal will help enhance collagen production and support the dermis, keeping the skin intact despite all that stretching. Such a formula can put you ahead of the game, and guarantee a greater chance of preventing and/or eliminating those stretch marks.
- Stretch marks are caused by rapid skin stretches so any physical exercises that tone the underlying muscles (such as swimming, sit-ups, and abdominal crunches) will help them fade.
Stretch marks removal cream
Some commercial stretch marks removal creams may have additives such as dioxane as well as parabens that can be toxic and harmful. If you do use any commercial skin products, look for those with as few ingredients as possible and preferably those that are 100% natural.
The safest and most effective treatments for so many conditions, as always, are found in nature and when it comes to natural oils versus commercial creams, natural oils will win hands down every time. Natural oil products are more cost effective too.
Less expensive to buy and more economical to use.