Ginger Is a Natural Remedy for Those Below Par Days!
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger or ginger powder
- Some raw honey
- Olive oil or coconut oil
- You will also need napkins, adhesive tape and gauze – or some aluminum foil
Here is what to do:
- Combine the honey and the flour.
- Add in some olive oil /or coconut oil, and ginger before mixing again.
- Place the mixture on a napkin and then wrap a gauze around it. If you prefer for children, it can be easier to wrap in aluminum foil.
- Apply to the chest or back with adhesive tape for adults or in the case of children, they should hold the wrap for some 3 hours before bedtime.
Ginger Detox Juice
You will need:
- ½ cup of organic, pure apple juice
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed organic lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of organic ginger juice
- ½ teaspoon of natural sea salt
- ½ cup of lukewarm filtered water
Combine all ingredients in a jug and stir, before drinking one large glass in the morning on an empty stomach. Then drink a further 2 large glasses with and after your lunch. Finally, another two large glasses should be consumed in the evening around 6 to 7pm. So that makes a total of 5 large glasses, helping you to benefit from a full ginger juice cleanse. You will be well hydrated too!
This is a once off detox. But it can be repeated regularly (say once a week or once a month) if you find that it is very helpful to your digestive system and to your general health.
One word of warning – to consult your doctor before carrying out this detox if you are pregnant, have diabetes or have any concerning allergies or health problems.
Lemon and ginger “tea” for those under the weather days
Finally, you might like to put together a simple concoction of grated ginger root (to taste) and half a freshly squeezed lemon into a glass of hot water to make an instant “tea” pick me up for combatting the sniffles, a sore throat of any other under the weather symptoms.
Ginger has properties rich in at least 12 anti-oxidants, as well as being anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, anti-spasmic and an aphrodisiac. It provides a natural treatment for a whole host of different conditions.