Hemroids & How To Get Rid Of Them Forever | Amoils.com
Much of the pain and discomfort of hemroids stems from the so called “piles” that appear at the opening of the anal passage after straining when having a bowel movement. This is a very common complaint.
And the main cause? Constipation
Along with obesity and the later stages of pregnancy, constipation can increase the pressure on the cushions of tissue that form part of the anal canal.
What are hemroids?
Hemroids are like varicose veins in the rectum and the anus. When hemroids are small, they are not usually painful but can be extremely itchy. It is when a hard lump starts to protrude from the anus (signalling thrombosis) that severe pain can be felt. There are two rings of muscle which control the opening of the anus and if the stool is to pass through comfortably then both these muscles need to relax.
It is possible to treat hemroids and in so doing get rid of them but it takes time and effort.
Many may not like it but lifestyle changes have to be part of the treatment
- Emotional stress makes constipation worse because when you are stressed and worried, the body takes away blood from the digestive tract in order to send it to the muscles. At the same time, stress causes the parasympathetic nervous system to be less effective. Peristalsis is the movement that propels food particles through the digestive tract. Rhythmic waves of smooth muscle contractions perform this action.
- One of the best ways to relieve both the stress and the constipation is regular exercise.
- Check whether a medication that you are taking could be the culprit.
- And of course…diet
- Avoid all highly processed and refined foods because these are the main causes of chronic constipation.
- Change to a high fiber diet with plenty of fruit and especially lots of vegetables – in particular leafy greens as well as Brussel sprouts.
- Radishes are top of the list for high fiber content. There are benefits for hemroids from radishes too – being a very good detoxifier, they help them to heal more quickly while the radish juice also soothes the digestive and excretory system, further helping to relieve any pain and discomfort from hemorrhoids.
- Oregano is a rich source of dietary fiber, providing better elimination.
- Oatmeal is a great natural food to enjoy at breakfast, or any other time, for warmth and comfort. The health benefits are numerous but top of the list is the high fiber helping to combat constipation, irritable bowel syndrome and of course hemroids and anal fissures.
- Buckwheat provides a super food for anyone with varicose veins or hardening of the arteries because it is rich in rutin, a powerful capillary wall strengthener. Weak veins can actually cause varicose veins or hemroids to develop because blood and fluids accumulate and leak into nearby tissues.
- Half a lime, squeezed into a glass of hot water, with half a teaspoon of natural sea salt, is an effective natural remedy for constipation.
- Another food high in fiber is plums. Both plums and the dried version – prunes – act as an effective and natural laxative.
- Just one ounce of raw pecan nuts provide 10% of the recommended daily value for fiber.
- Linseed oil can also be useful – take a teaspoon of linseed oil swallowed with water before each meal to give you both roughage and lubrication.
- Magnesium can dramatically improve your general health – including constipation.
- Chamomile tea is a soothing beverage for constipation and is made by steeping 1 tablespoon of chamomile flowers per cup of water for 15 minutes. You can then drink 1/2 cup up to five times a day. Also available as tea bags from health stores.
- At the same time you should be drinking plenty of pure filtered water each day.
- A final suggestion to get rid of hemroids forever is to change to a squatting position when using the bathroom. We have written about this highly effective remedy for constipation before here.
Once you have resolved the problem of constipation, try to have a bowel movement every day so it becomes a habit – and never put off the urge to go to the bathroom.
We have covered “the forever bit” but what about actual treatment?
1.When you suffer from either fissures or hemroids, you will find that cotton wool pads treated with witch hazel are soothing and comforting to the affected anal area.
2. Frequent warm baths or just sitting in a bowl of water will help to relax the anus. Ice packs are also soothing and comforting to both anal fissures and hemroids.
3. Many are unaware of the importance of tissue salts (available in supplement form). Calc Fluor works to restore tissue elasticity and is especially helpful in treating hemroids, varicose veins and stretch marks.
4. In addition, Healing Natural Oils provides 100% natural treatments for a safe and gentle remedy for hemroids and other conditions.
Hemroids and constipation are the perfect example of a Catch-22 situation.
In normal circumstances when we have a bowel movement, without thinking too much about it, our internal anal sphincter works perfectly. It is that ring of smooth muscle that helps keep our anal sphincter closed most of the time but which helps to push out stools during defecation. Our internal anal sphincter muscle is entirely involuntary. But when we fear constipation and consciously strain to eliminate stools, we can actually disrupt the natural activity of our internal anal sphincter muscle.
Constipation can become a real and ongoing problem
When our stools are healthy, we don’t need to generate momentum for a bowel movement but when our stools are harder than they should be, it can be helpful to consciously contract our external anal sphincter muscle to get things moving, remembering to stop and relax once the process begins so that our internal anal sphincter muscle can contribute to the expulsion of stools.
Treat hemroids promptly but at the same time make those lifestyle changes so that hemroids are gone forever – at the same time once you have had hemroids you can be more susceptible anyway.