How To Achieve That Healthy Glow!
Researchers have come to the conclusion that a healthy glow does not necessarily mean you are actually healthy.
The researchers say that, while a diet rich in fruit and vegetables is of course good for you and the natural result of beta-carotenes (the same substance that produces the orange color found in carrots) could be a healthy glow to the skin, taking beta-carotene supplements were not likely to have the same healthy benefits in spite of adding color to the skin.
Is there a difference between beta-carotene in veggies and in supplements?
Beta-carotene is a red-orange pigment found in plants and fruits – and of course especially carrots and colorful vegetables. The human body converts beta-carotene into vitamin A and we do need vitamin A for healthy skin and mucus membranes, our immune system, and as well as good eye health and vision.
Beta-carotene in itself is not an essential nutrient, but vitamin A is. Beta-carotene is also a carotenoid and an antioxidant and there are plenty of foods that are rich in vitamin A – including onions, carrots, peas, spinach, squash, apricots, asparagus, brocoli, Chinese cabbage, chives, dandelion leaves, grapefruit, kale, sweet potatoes and more.
There is probably not a difference as questioned in the heading above, but having a healthy diet rich in beta-carotene means that supplements are not really necessary – and you still get that healthy glow.
Are there other ways to achieve a healthy glow?
Well of course sunshine must be top of the list and the vitamin D that comes with it.
Just 10 to 15 minutes of daily sunlight exposure helps manufacture vitamin D throughout the skin. And those few minutes of sunlight to your skin will give you a good color and a glowing appearance as long as you don’t overdo it! D is one of the best vitamins for your skin, along with vitamins C, E and K.
Making sure you get enough vitamins can keep your skin looking healthy and youthful. This could mean a reduction in:
Turmeric is one way
Used for centuries in Eastern and Asian cooking, this anti-inflammatory spice contains curcumin, which helps relieve acne. A clearer skin means a more healthy glow too.
The anti-bacterial content in turmeric is ideal for working on any acne while turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce the redness of rosacea. We share a face mask recipe here. Raw honey is both anti-bacterial and moisturizing while the milk in the face mask adds lactic acid to exfoliate the skin. And don’t be concerned. While there is only one drawback to turmeric and that is its strong staining color (you will obviously need to protect anything that is precious from its bright yellow tint), your face will not turn yellow but only take on a healthy glow. We have tested this recipe ourselves.
Staying out of hot water helps too
A steamy shower may feel great, but it’s one of the worst things you can do for your skin. Not only does the heat strip essential oils, but it creates a mild burn. Blood vessels respond by dilating in an effort to cool the skin, causing flushing and ruddiness. The older you get, the longer it takes for your skin to recover from that hot shower. In time, your skin will lose its ability to shrink back to its original state. Your skin may be ruddy but it will lose its healthy glow.
Looking after your skin with essential oils is another way
Very appropriately, we even have an essentials product known as H-Glow!
- Clean and refresh your skin with our Simply Cleansing Oil by massaging a few drops into the skin, avoiding the eyes, leave it on for a minute before gently removing with a warm wet wash cloth.
- Then promote clear and lustrous skin by helping to tighten and tone the skin with our Simply Face Oil to assist in cell regeneration and the synthesis of collagen in the skin.
- Simply Neck Firming Oil enables you to treat the neck and décolletage area with as much care as the face, toning and tightening the skin while increasing elasticity, nourishment and hydration.
- Simply Eye Serum will promote clear and lustrous skin around the delicate area of the eyes, target any dark circles, puffiness and swelling as well as bags with its blend of pure natural essential oils and cold pressed precious oils.
- Finally, H-Glow Formula will reduce the appearance of wrinkles AND give you the glow you need the outside in.