How to Shrink Your Hemorrhoids | Amoils.com
Top of the list of main causes for hemorrhoids are constipation and obesity, making the necessity for lifestyle changes to shrink hemorrhoids all important. Such changes to a healthier way of eating and living often need to be quite drastic.
Other reasons for hemorrhoids can be
- Chronic diarrhea.
- Straining to have a bowel movement
- Sitting for long periods especially on the toilet. Knowing men’s habit of sitting on the toilet reading, could this be linked to the fact that more men than women have hemorrhoids?
- Anal intercourse.
- Genetics as some people inherit a tendency to develop hemorrhoids.
What are hemorrhoids?
Hemorrhoids are also known as “piles” because of their appearance. Unpleasant and painful as they worsen, hemorrhoids should be treated as soon as they appear. When the veins around the anus or around the rectum become swollen and inflamed, hemorrhoids can occur.
If you are unsure whether you have hemorrhoids, and especially if there is bleeding, you should get a positive diagnosis from your medical practitioner. In the case of a clot forming in an external hemorrhoid, which can be extremely painful, your doctor would be able to carry out a simple and effective incision.
What are the symptoms of hemorrhoids?
- Bleeding, usually painless, when bright red blood may be noticed on the toilet paper
- Itching and/or irritation in the anal area
- Discomfort and pain in the anal region
- Lumps protruding from the anal region
- Swelling in the anal region
- A lump near the anus, that can sometimes be sensitive or painful
- Sometimes feces may leak
Making things more comfortable
- There are hemorrhoid pads available in your pharmacy or health store which contain witch hazel to help numb and soothe the hemorrhoids.
- Bathing the affected area gently with warm water preferably without soap as soap is an irritant. Instead of a full bath, sit in a bowl of warm water several times a day. Pat dry gently or even use a hairdryer on a low setting.
- Ice packs and cold compresses can be applied to help with the swelling.
- In place of dry toilet paper, use fragrant free baby wipes to clean after using the toilet. Never aggressively rub the area when cleaning as this will further irritate and inflame your skin.
- Apply a coating of petroleum jelly to your anal area to soothe irritated tissue. And we have a recipe for natural jelly that you can use safely instead.
- Take a mild pain reliever if necessary.
- Ensure softer and regular stools by eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables (including raw) and drinking lots of pure filtered water. Changing to a whole foods diet while ditching the processed foods and sodas will help reduce your weight too if obesity is a problem.
- Try not to strain or hold your breath when having a bowel movement as this creates pressure in the veins in the lower rectum. Always go as soon as you have the urge because the longer you wait, the drier the stools will be. Consider squatting instead of the usual sitting on the toilet. You can find out more about the squatty potty. Hemorrhoids are rarely seen in countries where people squat for bodily functions.
- Include exercise and physical activity in your daily routine. Sitting or standing still for long periods also puts pressure on the veins.
How to shrink hemorrhoids
- Over the counter ointments and suppositories, containing the active ingredient hydrocortisone, are often used by those suffering from hemorrhoids to help them shrink but such medications should not be used for longer than 7 days as they can be harsh on such a sensitive area.
- Butchers Broom with its powerful anti-inflammatory and vasoconstrictor effects is one way of helping to shrink hemorrhoids with a natural product while other beneficial supplements include Horse Chestnut, Bromalain, Japanese Pagoda Tree extract and Aloe Vera extract.
- H-Hemorrhoids Formula is a safe, cost effective natural way to shrink your hemorrhoids with established homeopathic ingredients that work quickly and effectively to provide instant relief.
The aim is to get rid of itching, stop any bleeding, relieve hemorrhoid pain, soothe inflammation and reduce swelling.