How To Keep Your Skin Wrinkle-Free From The Inside Out
Most of us want to have smooth, blemish free skin to keep us looking younger but it is not just about adding lotions and potions to our faces. We need to keep our skin wrinkle-free from the inside too.
Our skin comprises two layers and wrinkles can start in either layer. It is usually the outer epidermis where fine lines appear while frown and smile lines start their journey in the dermis.
So we have to feed both layers
Top of the list is to provide plenty of collagen. And contrary to what the commercial cosmetic industry would have us believe, collagen can be greatly boosted or otherwise by what we put into our bodies.
These are the detrimental factors
- Insufficient nutrients
- Insufficient oxygen
- Air pollution
These are the good things to ingest and do for boosting your collagen
- Regular, moderate exercise to bring oxygen to the cells, ease stress and improve circulation.
- Detoxification to reduce the impact of a polluted environment.
- Taking supplements that improve the skin from inside the body such Beta-carotene (which as been found to minimize any damage from the sun’s UVA rays); Astaxanthin (to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, improves elasticity of skin, and boosts moisture content by up to 50%); and a substance known as hydrolyzed collagen peptides. These are said to minimize wrinkles, improve elasticity, and of course boost that all important collagen.
- Drinking white tea which is said to protect the structural proteins of the skin, specifically collagen. It’s believed to prevent enzyme activity that breaks down collagen, contributing to lines and wrinkles.
- Egg whites are high in both lysine and proline, as well as collagen itself, so add even more eggs (including the yolks of course) into your diet to support your body’s natural production of collagen.
- Oysters are a naturally rich source of zinc—an essential element of the collagen-building process. Also especially full of vitamins and minerals including iron and vitamin B12, oysters provide a low-calorie option and a long list of health benefits.
Add eating more fruits and veggies as well as foods rich in good fats
1. Fish like tuna and salmon that are loaded with omega-3 fatty acid. Skin cells are surrounded by a fatty membrane that protects them. When the cells are healthy, they are able to support the structure of the skin.
2. Red vegetables improve sun protection as tomatoes, peppers and beets contain the antioxidant lycopene which also increases collagen levels.
3. Dark green vegetables like spinach and kale are rich in vitamin c which has antioxidiant properties that stabilize the messenger enzymes that break collagen down. These dark green veggies also protect against free radicals to prevent weak collagen.
4. Orange vegetables like carrots and sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A, which restores and regenerates damaged collagen.
5. Berries with blackberries and raspberries scavenging free radicals while simultaneously increasing collagen levels.
6. Citrus fruits such as oranges, limes, lemons and grapefruits (rich in vitamin C) are able to help amino acids—lysine and proline—convert to collagen.
7. Garlic is one of the best sources of sulfur, which is necessary for collagen production in the body. Garlic also provides lipoic acid and taurine that help rebuild collagen fibers that have been damaged.
So change to these healthy lifestyle choices for improved collagen for your skin, from the inside out, while applying our own H-Glow Formula for additional help from the outside in…