Pistachios Are Only Bite-Sized But Full Of Benefits | Amoils.com
There are so many different and delicious things to eat among the good food available that there becomes less and less reason to still be eating harmful (and even toxic) processed and refined foodstuffs. And topping the list of great and natural living food are all the different varieties of nuts, each with its own great taste and list of health benefits.
Pistachios are the latest to hit the news with two new studies having been recently published that have been making waves in the natural health media.
What do the studies confirm?
Both of the new studies confirm that the regular consumption of pistachios can drop your triglycerides and your LDL cholesterol, while the second study went on to say that pistachios also raised splasma lutein, alpha-carotene, and gamma tocopherol. These are all very important natural antioxidants and very worthwhile news to read. In fact it should have made headlines in the mainstream media too because it is well known that oxidized LDL affects both coronary and arterial disease, making it the fundamental cause of many heart attacks.
Those who eat pistachios in their raw, natural state now have a chance to prevent heart disease
Researchers in the second study found that 32-63 grams (10% of daily energy needs) per day of pistachio nuts reduced serum oxidized LDL concentrations.
And the other benefits
- Weight management because when you feed your body foods that are high in protein, dietary fiber and unsaturated fats, it is more likely to feel full for longer. Pistachios contain high amounts of all three so that choosing them for a snack should satisfy hunger for a longer period of time, leading to greater weight loss success. You can have twice as many pistachios compare with other nuts for it to equal one serving. Now, that is good news. One serving of pistachios (that is approximately 50 nuts) totals only 160 calories and will keep hunger at bay for longer than other less healthy snacks. For example, a serving of potato chips or a chocolate bar can contain twice the amount of calories or more.
- A decreased risk of some forms of cancer.
- A high fiber content with three grams of dietary fiber per serving or roughly 12% of the daily recommended intake. Of course fiber is also known for its ability to help lower cholesterol, manage weight and blood sugar levels, and may also reduce the risk of some forms of cancer. Fiber also prevents constipation, lessening the risk of hemorrhoids and anal fissures.
- That same serving will also contain 30 different vitamins, minerals and nutrients. The high level of minerals helps to maintain good bone health but also to regulate blood pressure levels. Potassium content is high and equal to that of half a banana.
- Pistachios are also high in the important B vitamins helping to increase energy, promote muscle growth and fight infections.
I have mentioned some of the anti-oxidants in pistachios but there are a total of 10 different ones and some of these are known to help reduce the aging risk of macular degeneration.
For the health of you and your family, keep plenty of raw pistachios and other varieties of nuts in the home for instant, healthy snacks any time of the day.