10 Real Reasons to Avoid Aspartame | Amoils.com
In the UK, some public health experts are now advising pregnant women to avoid foods and beverages that contain aspartame because of the risks to both themselves and their unborn children.
Risks in pregnancy
1. Just drinking 1 diet soda daily increases the risk of going into labor before the 37th week by as much as 38% while drinking 4 or more diet sodas daily increases the risk of premature birth by a massive 78%.
2. There is a major concern about pregnant women ingesting aspartame during pregnancy because of damage to certain areas of the brain. This potential brain damage includes the parts of the brain involved in complex learning and hormone control.
3. Aspartame and other artificial sweeteners taken in pregnancy have been linked to birth defects.
Additional health risks to everyone
4. Headaches and migraines; problems with vision.
5. Nausea and abdominal pains.
6. Fatigue because aspartame blocks sufficient glucose entry into brain, leading to insomnia or fibromyalgia.
8. Anxiety attacks and depression; emotional disorders.
9. Asthma/chest tightness, epilepsy/seizures, or Parkinson’s disease.
10. Memory loss and/or Alzheimer’s disease.
And yet people still continue to drink diet sodas and all sorts of foods with aspartame and artificial sweeteners as food additives in spite of all the warnings that have been much publicized.
Artificial equals not real; man made; not a food but a chemical
Dr Joseph Mercola of mercola.com says:
“Those who defend aspartame argue that phenylalanine and aspartic acid are a harmless and natural part of your diet. Indeed, both of these amino acids can be found in most of the protein foods you eat. However, phenylalanine and aspartic acid can only be considered natural and harmless when they are consumed in combination with other amino acids in the correct ratios and not as isolated amino acids.
When they are consumed as free amino acids not part of food, they enter your central nervous system in abnormally high concentrations, causing excessive firing of brain neurons and potential cell death. This concept has been termed “excitotoxicity” by Dr. Russell Blaylock, a prominent neurosurgeon.”
NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, and Equal-Measure are some of the different trade names given to artificial sweeteners. They are all aspartame – plus they are all excitotoxins.
What is an excitotoxin?
An excitotoxin is a toxic molecule that stimulates nerve cells so much that they are damaged or killed. Domoic acid and glutamate are examples of excitotoxins.
Interesting facts about aspartame that you should know
- One out of every four complaints to the FDA (in the USA) is about aspartame.
- Approval of aspartame was the “most contested” in FDA history.
- Aspartame is added to over 6000 known products.
Why are the public still being fed this poison?
Taking it off the market would have a huge impact financially on the food industry while controversially, the health problems caused by this food additive adds revenue to the medical establishment, drug manufactures and “cure disease” charities.