Progesterone & Do You Have High Enough Levels? | Amoils.com
While most of us have heard of the hormone progesterone, we might not know that it is arguably the most important, and usually most overlooked, substance in the human body. The bad news may be that you are not producing enough progesterone but the good news is there are natural progesterone creams you can use to boost your levels.
What is progesterone?
Progesterone is the material from which all other hormones are made. Primarily produced by the ovaries, it is also made in smaller amounts by the adrenal glands in both women and men, and by the testes in men.
Progesterone is a precursor to many other steroid hormones such as cortisol, testosterone and estrogen. It is often not realised that if the estrogens in your body are not properly balanced with the correct level of progesterone, a host of unwanted conditions may result.
The benefits of progesterone are numerous
- In women, easing PMS and menopause symptoms are connected directly to hormone levels which if incorrect, can produce symptoms including bloating, cramping, weight gain, hot flashes, and mood swings. Taking natural progesterone can help to ease these symptoms, if not erase them entirely. In most cases, while estrogen levels drop dramatically during menopause, progesterone production drops even further so in order to treat those symptoms, you need to increase your progesterone, not your estrogen.
- Countering the symptoms of depression and improving your sex drive. Progesterone stabilizes blood sugar and stimulates the production of serotonin and other anti-stress hormones, so natural progesterone can help to control mood swings and alleviate anxiety and tension. It is a natural anti-depressant which has provided help to thousands of people who suffer from the symptoms of depression, anxiety and other emotional disorders.
- It can have a positive effect on the circulatory system.
- It can even help you to lose weight. Its ability to stabilize blood sugar makes progesterone helpful for losing weight. When your blood sugar is low, you have cravings and usually for sweet foods. Once blood sugar levels are stabilized those cravings are eliminated, making it easier to follow healthy eating patterns. Also progesterone acts as a natural diuretic, allowing your body to eliminate excess water and prevent water weight gain.
- Natural progesterone is also your heart’s best friend as it normalizes blood clotting to prevent strokes, increases the body’s ability to burn harmful fat and as a diuretic, it helps to lower high blood pressure. All of this promotes a healthy circulatory system, which in turn feeds the rest of the body to improve overall health.
- Natural progesterone helps to provide ideal conditions for pregnancy as it can assist with embryo implantation and help to maintain a healthy pregnancy. Many miscarriages actually occur when the body cannot maintain an optimum progesterone level.
- It has been known to help with conditions such as endometriosis and ovarian cysts which may occur as a result of estrogen dominance, as it balances both the progesterone and estrogen levels in a woman’s body.
Natural progesterone can be used by all women
It is beneficial for maintaining prostrate health, and in men too.
If you are interested in maintaining or increasing your own progesterone levels for optimum health benefits, find out more about the good quality natural progesterone creams available for those whose bodies do not produce enough on their own and derive the maximum health benefits you can.