Psoriasis & Getting Your Gut Health On Track
Nearly all skin conditions can have their roots traced to the health of the gut.
And of course this includes psoriasis.
What is psoriasis?
There are four types of psoriasis:
- Plaque psoriasis is the most common with raised red patches and build up of dead skin or scales known as plaques. These usually occur on the knees, elbows or scalp with itchy and painful symptoms that can crack and bleed.
- Pustular psoriasis is a rare form of psoriasis characterized by small pustules (whitehead-like lesions) that can be found all over the body or confined to the palms, soles and other isolated areas of the body.
- Guttate psoriasis is most frequent in children with numerous small, red drop-like scaly macules that develop rapidly over a wide area of skin, often appearing after an infection.
- Inverse psoriasis can occur in the armpit, under the breast, in skin folds, around the groin, in the cleft between the buttocks and around the genitals. It is usually pink and irritated but appears without those thick scales seen in other forms of psoriasis.
Fortunately, it is possible to control the frequency and severity of psoriasis symptoms.
This is what you need to do to improve your gut health and more
- Start with a cleanse by using a good quality probiotic.
- Continue with an elimination diet. That means that you need to eliminate all those foods that can cause inflammation. Once you have eliminated them all, gradually introduce them back one at a time so you can determine which one is causing the problem. You can make an appointment with a naturopathic doctor to undergo a food allergen test which is an easier and quicker way to find out.
- Once you know your food allergen status, eliminate the relevant foods to seriously improve your gut health.
- Consider how you can make your home toxic-free. Change your chemical cleaning products to those that are all natural. Give up dryer sheets. Avoid toxic products that off-gas.
- Get rid of all those home products such as candles and room fresheners that are artificially scented.
- Change your commercial beauty and skin products to ones that are 100% natural.
- Work on reducing as much stress as possible in your life.
And our suggestion for the interim treatment of psoriasis symptoms
This would be our very own H-Psoriasis Formula. The best way to tackle psoriasis symptoms is with natural products as they are safe to use, gentle and help soothe the skin rather than irritate it further with harsh chemicals.