Say Goodbye To Unsightly, Flabby Upper Arms! | Amoils.com
Are you embarrassed by your flabby upper arms? This is such a common problem in women of all ages but especially as we get older. So what can you do about it? Is there a way to make them become nice and firm with no wobbling any more? Of course there is!
Understanding the make up of your arms
You need to know that there are two sets of muscles in the upper arm, both of which need regular exercise: the biceps and the triceps. The biceps are among the easiest and most commonly worked muscles in the body plus they are also the most visible.
But the villain of the piece is in the tricep area where most of the upper arm flab is seen. This is partially due to gravity and partially due to the fact that this is often a neglected area – even those energetic, exercising women who regularly work out can tend to neglect this area.
Best exercise for the upper arms is the push-up
- Lie face down on the floor with your hands palm down. Your hands should be about shoulder-width apart with your elbows tucked close to your sides.
- Press against the floor so that your body’s weight is resting mainly on your arms.
- Repeat this procedure as often as you’re able – don’t give up too soon – aim for some 15 to 20 times. Even if you cannot manage 15 on your fist go, it will get easier every day.
Second best best exercise for the upper arms is the body lift
- Sit on the edge of a firm seat which should preferably have no arms to get in the way. Grip the edge of the seat with your hands while at the same time keeping your hands close to your body. Move your feet out slightly from your seat.
- Starting with a seated position with your arms at right angles, press your body up until your arms are locked straight. Keep your upper body erect and tuck your elbows in.
- Next, lower your body until your arms are at a 90 degree angle (be careful not to go below this angle or you could have difficulty pressing back up and even cause damage to your joints). Keep your hips close to the seat without actually allowing your bottom to come into contact with the seat.
- Again try to repeat this exercise 15 to 20 times or even more if you can.
These 2 exercises are great for those flabby arms and it can take less than 10 minutes to do the whole routeine. You don’t need any special space or equipment – all you have to do is to make sure you work both the biceps and the triceps and it will be goodbye to those flabby arms.
Work hard at it over the winter season so you are ready for the short sleeves of summer!