The Top 8 Foods for Ensuring Stronger Bones | Amoils.com
1. Almonds – these give you plenty of vitamin E, manganese riboflavin and magnesium while being a great source of some of the B vitamins plus the all important calcium, iron and zinc.
2. Bok choy – This leafy vegetable is a good source of minerals, particularly calcium, phosphorous, potassium, manganese, iron and magnesium. Potassium is an important electrolyte in the cell and body fluids that helps regulate heart rate and blood pressure. Manganese is used by the body as a co-factor for the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase. Iron is required for the red blood cell formation.
3. Broccoli – Excellent for anyone with high blood pressure and the threat of osteoporosis because broccoli is rich in potassium, magnesium and calcium. The presence of potassium helps maintain a healthy nervous system and optimal brain function, as well as aiding regular muscle growth. With its high level of vitamin K, broccoli is very important for bone health and the prevention of osteoporosis.
4. Flax seeds – Walnuts and fish are excellent sources of omega-3s, but so are flax seeds. The omega-3s in flax seed can help reduce the inflammation that leads to conditions such as asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, migraine headaches and osteoporosis. Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) is one kind of omega-3s that is found in flax seeds, and this fat helps promote bone health.
5. Kale – If you can eat a diet rich in the powerful antioxidant vitamin K you can reduce the overall risk of developing or dying from cancer. Kale is rich in Vitamin K – often considered to be the forgotten vitamin, it is necessary for a wide variety of bodily functions, including normal blood clotting, antioxidant activity and bone health. Strengthening the composition of our bones, vitamin K also prevents calcium build-up in our tissue.
6. Mustard seeds – These are a rich source of health benefiting minerals. Calcium, manganese, copper, iron, selenium and zinc are some of the minerals especially concentrated in these seeds. Calcium helps build bone and teeth.
7. Sesame seeds – Rich sources of many essential minerals especially calcium, iron, manganese, zinc, magnesium, selenium and copper which play a vital role in bone mineralization, red blood cell production, enzyme synthesis, hormone production as well as regulation of the cardiac and skeletal muscle activities. In particular, copper renders a reduction in swelling and pain associated with arthritis, providing benefits to the inflammatory systems. Magnesium offers relief to those suffering from asthma attacks while reducing migraines and lowering blood pressure. Calcium can help to reduce bone loss while preventing migraines. Just a handful of sesame seeds a day will provide the recommended levels of phenolic antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and protein.
8. Spinach – This is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, magnesium, folate, manganese, iron, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin B2, potassium and vitamin B6 while protein, phosphorus, vitamin E, zinc, copper, selenium, niacin, omega-3 fatty acids and dietary fiber are all to be found in this vegetable.
Include these 8 different foods in your diet regularly for stronger bones and increased calcium levels.