This Almost Indispensable Modern Device Could Be Very Detrimental To Your Health | Amoils.com
Do you ever give a second thought about using your cell phone? Have you ever considered it might be causing you harm or even worse very detrimental to your children’s health? Shouldn’t you stop and show some concern about these possibilities because there is plenty of disturbing evidence already available even though cell phones have been popular for less than a couple of decades.
What has research revealed?
Science has shown an increased risk of brain tumors from the use of cell phones, as well as possible links to eye cancer, salivary gland tumors, testicular cancer, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and leukemia.
The World Health Organization (WHO) came out in May 2011 to classify that electromagnetic radiation from cell phones is possibly carcinogenic to humans. They based this on an increased risk of glioma (a malignant type of brain cancer) associated with the use of cell phones.
In fact “heavy users” of cell phones were found to have an approximately doubled risk of glioma, a life threatening and often-fatal brain tumor, after 10 years of cell phone use.
The study was carried out between 1999 and 2004 (the early days of cell phone use compared to today) and at that time the phrase “heavy use” was defined as about 2 hours per month. If you compare that to today, you will appreciate that there are very many who would use a cell phone for 2 hours or more per day.
The possibilities of danger to the user are frightening
Lloyd Morgan is a member of the Bioelectromagnetics Society and his take is that with some 4 billion participants enrolled (and growing by the day), cell phone radiation is the largest human experiment ever undertaken but without informed consent.
Many doctors have produced their own literature and articles warning their patients about cell phones and how simple precautions can help.
These are some of their suggestions
- First and foremost is the warning that, except in an absolute emergency, children should not use a cell phone or a wireless device of any type. Children are far more vulnerable to cell phone radiation than adults because of their thinner skull bones and other reasons. I know that many parents will find this very difficult to enforce.
- In addition to the necessity to protect children, the pregnant abdomen also needs to be protected from cell phone signals. Sperm is especially vulnerable so any men who wish to become fathers need to be aware of the dangers. Men who use cell phones for 2 to 4 hours per day have 30% lower sperm count than non-users.
- Never hold the cell phone directly against your head or body but rather use a speaker phone or a hands free device. The best kind of headset to use is a combination shielded wire and air-tube headset. Remember to keep your phone fully charged because a cell phone has to work harder and emit more radiation directly into you when the signal is weak or blocked – use your cell phone only where reception is good.
- Hard as it may be to reduce your cell phone use, it is advisable to do so and reserve for emergencies or important matters. Make a point of using a land line at home and at work.
- Cell phones should be turned off or put into airplane mode when you are sleeping. It is much safer to remove all devices that emit EHT from the bedroom at night. Remember that cordless phones using a land line also emit microwave radiation. An old fashioned corded land line is swifter, safer and more secure.
Don’t be tempted to talk or text using your cell phone when moving – for example when driving, biking, blading, walking, skiing and more. Even if you don’t kill yourself or others, you could still have a nasty accident.
Sadly, the latest technology is not necessarily the safest technology.