How to Get Rid of Cellulite, Removal & Home Treatment
If you want to avoid cellulite, you may need to start at quite a young age as cellulite can develop as early as 15 and usually continues to worsen as you grow older. This is because the skin gets thinner, which makes the cellulite more visible and looser, which allows more of the adipose fat cells to press towards the skin surface.
Other causes of cellulite as we grow older are that our bodies become less efficient in getting rid of waste products, our circulation may not be as good and of course we often put on weight. Cellulite is a well known and common condition in women appearing mostly on the hips and thighs but also on the back below the shoulders, on the ankles and on the inside and the back of upper arms as well as the stomach.
The most effective way to avoid cellulite is through lifestyle changes especially if your family is prone to cellulite.
Here are some lifestyle changes which you should consider which may assist in avoiding cellulite:
• Diet – your diet should be healthy and balanced with plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat, fish, whole wheat breads, cereals and rice. Include some dairy products but try to avoid all processed and refined foods, white flour, sugar, salted and roasted nuts, chocolate, sweets and pastries, carbonated drinks etc. Steer clear of fat and cream as well as fried and oily food.
• Eat slowly and chew your food well. Stick to regular meal times and try not to snack in between.
• Liquid – drink plenty of clear clean water preferably 6 to 8 glasses per day or more. This is invaluable in helping to eliminate waste. Keep coffee and tea to a minimum.
• Limit your salt intake as sodium tends to increase water retention.
• Exercise – this will stimulate circulation, speed up your metabolism, improve your muscle tone and firm the tissue. It will also help the next two points regarding sleep and constipation.
• Get sufficient sleep and learn to relax and rest. In order to get your entire body working properly, you need to reduce any stress in your body and your mind.
• Work on any constipation or digestion problems – your diet and exercise will in time redress these problems but if constipation is a real problem, use a stool bulking laxative for a few days to put you on the right track.
• Breathing – proper breathing will also help to expel toxins and waste products as you will be assisting the lungs to function efficiently.
• Give up smoking.
• Limit your alcohol intake to a minimum.
• We need to ensure the proper elimination of waste products from the body so they cannot become trapped in our tissue. If you follow all the points in this article, such elimination will follow naturally.
• Be careful to avoid over the counter medication such as diet liquids and pills; stimulant or pep pills; sleeping medication and diuretic pills.
• Cellulite sometimes appears after pregnancy or when taking birth control pills. This is because the system is flooded with estrogen. So extra attention to the other points in avoiding cellulite are necessary at such times.
• Check out a natural healing product on line which you can order and use to massage any vulnerable areas, such as the inside of the knees and the upper thighs, against the development of cellulite.
To understand what cellulite is and how it is formed, you need to know that all the muscles in the body are covered with a fatty padding which varies in thickness and which is surrounded by a liquid. This liquid supplies the padding with nourishment and takes away the waste products. The tissue made up of this fatty padding is held together by a network of fibers and with everything in place and working well, our body takes on smooth curves.
However, things can start to go wrong if the waste products are not being removed properly. The waste products can then start to build up, saturating the fatty padding with liquid. This liquid then thickens and hardens into pockets called adipose fat cells which puff up to produce that “orange peel” look which is so familiar to many of us.
No one will tell you that it is easy to avoid cellulite. Only you can decide on whether you will make that effort needed to keep those smooth cellulite free curves on your body.