Home Remedies for Hemroids Symtpoms
Many are embarrassed about the presence of hemroids and even shy away from seeking medical advice for the treatment of this condition. Fortunately, the symptoms of hemroids or hemorrhoids can be relieved by home remedies together with some important lifestyle changes.
Hemorrhoids are very common and are swellings that develop from the cushions of tissue that form part of the anal canal. These cushions are perfectly normal and act as a lining when the anus opens and closes in order to prevent any leakage. However, these cushions are rich in blood vessels and anything which increases the pressure on them can cause the blood vessels to swell.
Constipation, overweight and the later stages of pregnancy can all increase this pressure.
While hemorrhoids are small, they are not usually painful but can be extremely itchy. It is usually only when a hard lump starts to protrude from the anus, signaling thrombosis, that severe pain can be felt. If the hemorrhoids rupture, then bleeding can be a further symptom.
As we have said, lifestyle changes form an important part of the solution for hemorrhoids and if straining on the toilet or being constipated is causing your hemorrhoids, then such problems need to be addressed first.
Lifestyle changes should include:
- Ensuring you drink extra liquids (especially water) along with a healthy diet with plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables and fiber to prevent or address constipation.
- Avoiding sitting on the toilet for too long while trying to develop the habit of having a regular bowel movement at roughly the same time each day.
- Avoiding pushing or straining when having a bowel movement.
- As well as constipation, treating such conditions as a bad cough or diarrhea because these can also lead to hemorrhoids.
- Exercising is most important and hemorrhoids can benefit from all types of exercise except for those such as weight training which would add to the straining and aggravate any hemorrhoids. Not only will exercise help prevent the onset of hemorrhoids or the recurrence of hemorrhoids but you will feel healthier and more alert. But most importantly, good exercise means good muscle tone while lack of exercise means slack muscle tone. You need to promote good muscle tone to prevent hemorrhoids or to help get rid of them.
- Avoiding sitting or standing for long periods of time.
Home remedies include:
- Gently cleaning the affected area after a bowel movement with a fragrant-free baby wipe. Don't use dry toilet paper.
- Taking an oral mild pain reliever if necessary.
- Soaking the affected area in a bowl or bath of warm water several times a day to soothe and relax it. Soap isn't necessary and may aggravate the problem. Gently dry the area with a hair dryer after bathing.
- Applying ice packs or cold compresses to the anus to relieve swelling.
- Ordering H-Hemorrhoids with essential oils online for the relief of symptoms of hemorrhoids including pain, discomfort and itchiness.
- Or applying an over-the-counter hemorrhoid cream or suppository containing hydrocortisone. Alternatively, use pads containing witch hazel or a numbing agent.
With some time and effort, you can make some changes to your lifestyle and use home remedies to both successfully treat your hemorrhoids and prevent their recurrence in the future.