Cure for Hemroids Symptoms
When you have discovered you have hemroids or have been diagnosed with this condition, you will be anxious to find a treatment. Hemroids are abnormally swollen veins in the rectum and the anus, much like varicose veins you might see on a person’s legs. When these hemorrhoids are irritated, they can cause the surrounding membranes to swell, burn, itch, become very painful and even bleed. So it is important to treat your hemorrhoids symptoms as quickly as possible.
The best option may be to start a course of home care combined with an over the counter or natural type of treatment.
Preventing constipation is a big part
This means including more fiber in your diet with fresh fruits, leafy vegetables and whole grain breads and cereals (a total of between 25 to 35 grams of fiber daily); drinking plenty of liquids with at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily; exercise such a 20 minute brisk walk daily; avoiding alcohol; losing weight if necessary; and not sitting or standing for long periods at a time.
Helping the pain and discomfort
This means frequent soaking of the affected area in a bowl of warm water; cleaning the area after each bowel movement and at other times by using baby wipes or special medicated wipes for hemorrhoid sufferers; only using white, unscented toilet paper because of the risk of irritation; using ice packs, cool compresses or cool cotton pads soaked in witch hazel applied several times daily to the affected area; using a mild pain reliever (which must not contain codeine).
Establishing good bowel habits
This means being careful about the use of laxatives as only bulk forming laxatives should be taken such as Fiberall or Metamucil; training yourself to have a bowel movement regularly every day; if you feel the urge for a bowel movement, not to put it off; avoiding straining or holding your breath while having a bowel movement; practice being relaxed and giving yourself the time to let it happen naturally; and avoiding sitting on the toilet too long (a maximum of 3 to 4 minutes).
Over-the-counter, natural healing products or surgical procedures
Listed below are the different methods used for hemorrhoid treatment. The surgical procedures should perhaps not be considered before trying the over the counter medications or natural hemorrhoid treatments first.
- Rutin is an-over-the counter product to be taken daily to shrink hemorrhoids and reduce the level of inflammation.
- Preparation H is an over-the-counter product which contains a numbing agent which will sooth pain, burning and itching.
- H-Hemorrhoids is a natural healing product made from pure essential oils which will provide relief from pain and reduce swelling rapidly with no skin irritation while H-Bleeding Hemorrhoids is a milder anti-inflammatory formula which wil help calm acute pain from bleeding hemorrhoids.
- Hemorrhoidectomy is the surgical removal of hemorrhoids.
- Laser coagulation shrinks the hermoids with an electrode probe.
- Infrared photocoagulation uses an infrared light to shrink the hemorrhoids.
- Injection scierotherapy uses chemicals to close the vein and promote shrinking of the hemorrhoids.
- Rubber band ligation cuts off the blood flow causing the hemorrhoid to dry up and fall off.
- Laser treatment provides a precise method of vaporizing or removing hemorrhoids.
With some effort on your part with your home care and changes in your lifestyle together with the help of one of the products or procedures listed above, you can effectively bring about a treatment for the symptoms of hemorrhoids .