Get Rid of Moles Symptoms
Moles must be one of the most common conditions in the world as most everyone has at least one, while some have up to 40 or more, so it stands to reason that many people will be looking for a mole removal product or treatment. While most moles develop during our lifetime, 1% of people are born with moles and it is these congenital moles that might cause problems and even become cancerous in time so that skin mole removal becomes very important.
If you are wondering how to get rid of moles, listed below you will find the various options for mole removal:
- Laser mole removal by using a concentrated beam of light to break up the cells that make up the mole. Most patients who have used this method required no anesthetic and felt a tingling feeling from the laser pulse. The beam of light is gentle enough not to harm healthy skin. However, this method can be costly with the results varying from patient to patient. Deep moles are not suitable for laser because the light does not penetrate deeply enough.
- Skin mole removal can be carried out by excision (cutting) after which the wound is stitched. This will be done in the doctor’s surgery. Depending on the depth of the mole and the excision, stitches are placed either deep (they will be absorbed by the body and do not have to be removed) or on the upper surface of the skin (and will be removed later).
- Another one of the ways to get rid of moles is by excision with cauterization where a special tool is used to burn away the mole. Good home care is essential after both excision mole removal methods to ensure the wounds H-effectively.
A natural product is an effective method of symptomatic mole removal. The remedy draws out the moles with no burning or skin irritation.
Moles are normally brown or dark spots in the skin and they can be flat or raised. Many people go through life without giving their moles a second thought while other people would prefer to get rid of at least some of them if possible. Sun exposure seems to play a role in the development of moles and may even be involved in the development of atypical, or dysplastic, moles. The role of heredity is important as many families have a type of mole known as dysplastic which can be associated with a higher frequency of melanoma or skin cancer.
One of the most common problems after mole removal by excision is a scar. Although you might want to treat mole symptoms for cosmetic reasons, you should be aware that every such removal may result in a scar. Discussing this strong possibility with your surgeon or dermatologist before any such surgery is vital.
There are many home remedies that have been reportedly used down through the years as ways to get rid of skin moles symptoms. We cannot vouch for nor endorse their effectiveness. Some of these are:
- Honey remedy – simply apply honey to the mole several times a day and it is said that the mole will eventually disappear completely.
- Apple cider vinegar remedy – you need to wash the mole with warm water for 15 to 20 minutes because the skin around the mole needs to be supple. Then take some apple cider vinegar which has been absorbed onto a cotton ball and leave it on the mole for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash off with clean water and dry the area completely. Repeat this procedure 4 times a day.
- Baking soda and caster oil – make a paste with a pinch of baking soda and couple of drops of caster oil and apply to the mole. Leave on overnight. Repeat every night until you find the moles have disappeared.
- Garlic – cut a single clove of garlic into 2 halves and place a slice on the mole so that the cut side is in contact with the mole. Leave it on overnight tied with a cloth bandage. Within 2-3 days, the sulfur-rich juices of the garlic will have got rid of the mole.
The most important thing to remember about moles is that you should monitor them for any changes and immediately consult a doctor or dermatologist if you are concerned. It is important to make this diagnosis early since moles are often confused with warts and skin tags. The changes you should look out for are in size, shape or color as well as if a mole starts to bleed, to itch, becomes painful or moles that suddenly appear in adulthood.