Time to Make Your Eyes Sparkle Naturally
Let your eyes come alive - don't let them become dull, lifeless and bloodshot which can be due to lack of sleep, long working hours, too much screen time, alcohol and smoking, becoming dehydrated and even health problems.
Often just a few lifestyle changes can give you clear and sparkling eyes!
Our top ten natural tips
1. Getting good quality and sufficient sleep which ideally means 8 hours of uninterrupted and restful sleep. Try to go to bed in the evening and wake up again in the morning at a set time. Sleep in a quiet, dark and well-ventilated room. Avoid a heavy meal or drinking alcohol beforehand. This will help to avoid eyes that look droopy, dull and tired as well as dark circles and puffiness under your eyes.
2. Your eyes need exercise too! Eye exercises will help to add sparkle to your eyes while alleviating eye strain and improve blood circulation to them.
- Shut your eyes and squeeze them tightly. Then open them quickly, as wide as possible. Repeat until the eyes begin to water. This will help your eyes look and feel fresh and bright.
- Try moving a pen or pencil horizontally and vertically in front of your eyes, keeping your eyes focused on the tip of the pen. Do this exercise for 10 to 15 minutes daily.
- An unusual exercise to try is to rub the palms of your hands together until they become warm, then place them over your closed eyelids for a few minutes.
3. Chill with the cucumber. Cut a few thick slices of cucumber and cool in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes before placing on your closed eyelids until they warm up. Wash your eyes with fresh water and then repeat if necessary. This will help to soothe dull and tired eyes.
4. Hydrate those eyes. One way is to splash your eyes with room-temperature water a few times daily, helping to get rid of tired and dull eyes. Dry eyes can often be a problem which can be caused by staring at your computer screen too long. Take breaks and blink often to prevent your eyes drying out. Drinking plenty of water and consuming plenty of water-based fruits and veggies will also help.
5. How about a gentle eye massage? Apply a few drops of olive oil or coconut oil to your fingers and gently massage the inner corners of your eyes, the center of your brows, the outer corners and just below the eyes - at least once a day to improve blood circulation to your eyes, reduce eye strain and prevent fine lines.
6. Tea bags are another useful tool. Steep 2 tea bags (black or green) in a cup of water for 5 minutes, remove and squeeze out any water before refrigerating for 15 minutes. Place on closed eyes for 5 minutes at a time as frequently as you feel the need.
7. Using some cold milk will help to get rid of tired eyes, add sparkle while helping to soothe and relax the muscles around the eyes. Achieve this by soaking 2 cotton balls in cold milk and placing on closed eyelids for 10 to 15 minutes before cleansing and moisturizing.
8. A warm compress will relax those muscles around the eyes, helping to restore that sparkle! Dip a soft cloth in warm water and wring out the excess water before placing the warm cloth over closed eyelids for a minute. Repeat the process 3 or 4 times as needed.
9. Include those foods that nutritious for your eyes to your diet. These include carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, bell peppers, salmon, squash, guava, oranges, limes and papaya.
10. Our own Simply Eye Serum is the perfect natural remedy for enhancing the skin around your eyes naturally with pure oils to moisturize and rejuvenate any dark circles or bags under the eyes. The perfect finishing touch for ensuring your eyes sparkle naturally!
- Regular physical exercise, a stress-free environment and healthy lifestyle habits help a lot to enjoy radiant and brilliant shine in the eyes.