How to Take Care of Your Skin - Don’t Scrub Your Skin!
There are several conditions that can affect the skin on your face including acne, rosacea, psoriasis and eczema. While your skin should always be looked after with care, this becomes even more important when skin conditions exist.
And one of the most important rules is “Don’t scrub your skin!” because you would be actually removing your skin’s protective barrier. Instead, use a gentle touch and a facial cleanser that is alcohol-free and non-abrasive. We can recommend Simply Cleansing Oil.
Here is the gentle way to cleanse the face.
- Wet face with warm water
- Use fingertips to apply cleanser
- Rinse off with warm water
- Pat skin dry with a soft towel
It is recommended that facial skin is washed in the morning and before bedtime. After engaging in physical activity and working up a sweat, rinse off perspiration as soon as possible to avoid skin irritation.
Apart from the “don’t scrub your skin rule”, there are 6 other rules:
- Never pick at a blemish
- Don’t try to pop a cyst
- Don’t over exfoliate
- Never sleep in your makeup
- Make sure you get enough sleep
- Keep your makeup brushes clean
Natural alternative for acne
While there are many commercial products for acne, very few natural remedies are both safe and effective. Treating acne with products containing harsh chemicals is not recommended nor is getting rid of whiteheads by squeezing them or blackhead removal with salicylic acid.
Our own H-Acne Formula helps soothe the skin without itching, burning or scarring. The product is applied topically direct to the acne after washing the area thoroughly with a mild non soap cleanser. The formula works for all types of acne including acne vulgaris, whiteheads, blackheads and pimples - from the first application, reducing redness and blotchy skin.
A natural solution for the redness of rosacea
A natural product for rosacea symptoms is not easy to find. Unfortunately, prescription creams with potentially harmful chemicals can actually irritate the skin, making the rosacea worse. Gentle is always the better option. H-Rosacea Formula is extremely gentle on your skin, and typically will not cause irritation, itching, burning or scarring, allowing the symptoms of rosacea to be tackled safely and gently in the comfort of your home.
Listed are the symptoms of all types of rosacea:
- Pre-rosacea: Frequent flushing and skin sensitivity.
- Vascular rosacea: Small blood vessels on the nose and cheeks swell and become visible.
- Inflammatory rosacea: Small red bumps appear and become painful.
The product will assist in achieving a blemish-free and more youthful appearance.
Perfect for the symptoms of all types of psoriasis
And these different types are:
- Plaque psoriasis is the most common with raised red patches and build-up of dead skin or scales known as plaques. It usually appears on knees, elbows and scalp with itchy and painful symptoms. There can be cracking and bleeding.
- Pustular psoriasis is a rare form characterized by small pustules (whitehead-like lesions) found all over the body or confined to the palms, soles and other isolated areas of the body.
- Guttate psoriasis occurs most frequently in children, appearing as numerous small, red drop-like scaly macules that develop rapidly over a wide area of skin, often appearing after an infection.
- Inverse psoriasis occurs in the armpit, under the breast, in skin folds, around the groin, in the cleft between the buttocks and around the genitals. It is usually pink and irritated but lacks the thick scales seen in other forms of psoriasis.
H-Psoriasis Formula makes it possible to control the frequency and severity of psoriasis symptoms with its deep penetrating action that is gentle on your skin, and should not cause irritation, itching, burning or scarring. H-Psoriasis Formula is applied to the affected areas and added to the bath for a healing and restorative soak, helping with the symptoms of this non-contagious skin disease (however severe) by first clearing the flaking and lesions and then repairing the damaged skin.
Ideal for mild to severe eczema symptoms
Prescription creams and gels are common forms of eczema treatments, often containing chemicals and other potentially harmful ingredients. While there is no cure for eczema, treatment can be given to control and heal the symptoms. We can introduce our own H-Eczema Formula which is all natural and safe to use anywhere on the body - for adults and young children (from the 2 years old) alike – to (a) Provide relief from itching and discomfort (b) Decrease the severity and frequency of symptoms and (c) Soothe the skin.
H-Eczema Formula helps to reduce eczema outbreaks while helping to smooth, re-texture and moisturize the skin.