Skin Care Tips
Skin Tags and Growths
As we grow older, parts of our body including the neck, underarms, groin / breast area and back may begin to grow small bit of skin called skin tags. These pieces of skin are harmless, but some people find them unsightly and search for the best natural treatment for skin tags.
How to Slow Down Aging Skin
- Keep out of the sun, especially during the damaging hours from 10 am to 4 pm. If necessary protect your skin with the clothing you wear such as hats with wide brims, long sleeved shirts and long pants or skirts. Use a high factor sunscreen which you will need to re-apply after sweating or swimming.
- Don't start smoking or try to give it up if you are already a smoker. Smoking accelerates the normal aging process of the skin by narrowing the blood vessels in the outermost layers of the skin. This in turn decreases the blood flow robbing the skin of much needed oxygen and nutrients. In addition, those facial expressions made when smoking can contribute to wrinkles and the repeated heat from smoking can damage the skin over time.
- Keep your skin clean but in a gentle way by limiting the time you spend in showers and baths and don't have the temperature too high. Use mild soaps with added oils and fats. Avoid those skin products with contain perfumes and dyes. Natural products are better. The area around your eyes is especially delicate so take care when removing eye make-up and use something soft like cotton balls with an oil based eye make-up remover. Pat dry with the towel, rather than vigorously rubbing dry, and then apply moisturizer.
- Keep your skin moisturized - the moisturizer acts a seal over your skin keeping the moisture in. Use a moisturizer suited to your age and skin type and one that incorporates a sun protection factor of at least 15.
- Finally - be careful how you shave. Shaving can cause irritations if the skin is dry or sensitive. Before shaving, apply a warm face cloth to the skin to soften the hair or shave after a warm bath or shower. Never shave dry skin but apply a shaving cream or gel beforehand. Using a clean and sharp razor, shave in the direction of hair growth and rinse afterwards with warm water. Avoid using an alcohol based product as an aftershave.