Wrinkle: Causes and Treatment
What are Wrinkles?
Wrinkles can be divided into two categories; there are those fine surface lines and then there are deep furrows. The areas usually most affected are the sensitive skin near the eyes, the lips and neck.Wrinkles are often considered to be a sign of ageing and so anti-ageing treatments, including natural wrinkle products, have always been popular.
Table of contents:
Causes of Wrinkles
If the collagen and elastin in the connective tissues of our skin is weakened or if they decrease in number, wrinkles can then appear. Skin damaged in such a way appears thinner, loses fat content, elasticity and smoothness. Gravity also plays a part as it allows the lax tissue to sag. Skin ages all over the body but the process can be hastened where there has been excessive sun exposure.
Skin damage and of course wrinkles can be caused by:
- Dryness and lack of moisture
- Damage from overexposure to the sun
- Occupational and recreational habits where you work or play out in the open much of the time or from some tanning beds
- Heredity (some families wrinkle more than others)
- Injury to the skin
- Surgery to the skin
- Acne and various other skin diseases which have a tendency to scar
- Smoking which hastens the ageing process, while cigarette smoke is one of the biggest culprits for premature wrinkles
- Pollution such as air pollutants, dust, chemicals and harsh lights
- Muscle movement or repeated actions such as squinting, smiling and frowning
- The use of drugs
- Weight loss because the volume of the fat cells is drastically reduced
- Lack of Vitamin E which can cause the quality of the skin to deteriorate
Treatment & Prevention of Wrinkles
Smooth, blemish-free skin helps to keep us looking younger but it is not just from the outside as we need to keep our skin wrinkle-free from the inside too. Our skin comprises two layers and wrinkles can start in either layer. That all-important collagen can be greatly boosted by what we put into our bodies so it is vital to avoid smoking, inflammation, insufficient nutrients in the diet, too little oxygen, too much stress and the perils of air pollution. Here is much you can do to avoid or diminish wrinkles including the use of wrinkle treatment:
- A twice daily regime of cleansing the skin of all impurities and make up. A special cleanser for eye make should be used. Use natural products so that you are not adding any toxins and chemicals to the skin.
- Avoid the use of soap on the face as this can be very drying.
- In the mornings, apply a natural moisturizer before the rest of your make up. It improves the water holding capacity of the skin.
- Use a natural eye cream for the delicate area round the eyes. Eye cream should always be applied with the 3rd finger because that digit has the lightest touch.
- Use a natural anti wrinkle cream at night with added nutrients.
- If you sleep on your back, you reduce the gravitational pull on the skin on your face and avoid puffiness in the morning.
- Drink your 8 glasses of water every day. The skin is the first organ to suffer if you are dehydrated.
- Above all do not smoke and don’t allow anyone else to smoke in the same room or in your space.
Although wrinkles are part of the process of getting older, their appearance can be diminished with extra care and natural wrinkle products. H-Glow Formula is formulated to reduce wrinkles on the face, neck and hands and on the body in a natural, gentle way. When topically applied directly to the wrinkles using a small amount of formula, the constituents of H-Glow Formula will help smooth the appearance of wrinkles.
Natural Treatment Alternatives
Here are some ways:
- Astaxanthin is especially important for both males and females to use as they grow older and there are several reasons for this. One is that astaxanthin is an excellent adjunct to vitamin D, acting as an internal sunscreen when it helps to protect the skin from all types of radiation. The other is that astaxanthin works to rejuvenate the skin, improving: crow’s feet wrinkle size and elasticity; age spot size; moisture content and loss; skin texture; and sebum oil level.
- How about a natural botox face mask with simple ingredients and suitable for all skin types? Use the recipe for a daily mask for at least three weeks for a noticeable improvement in the skin.
- Avoid dietary sugars as well as food cooked at high temperatures which could lead to aging and wrinkles. This is because of Wrinkles and the link with glycation. Do you use face wipes to clean the makeup from your face each night? These are not a good idea as we explain in our earlier post Face wipes and their link with wrinkles.
Reduce the Appearance of Wrinkles with a Healthy Diet
- Fish like tuna and salmon that are loaded with omega-3 fatty acid. Skin cells are surrounded by a fatty membrane that protects them. When the cells are healthy, they are able to support the structure of the skin.
- Red vegetables improve sun protection as tomatoes, peppers and beets contain the antioxidant lycopene which also increases collagen levels.
- Dark green vegetables like spinach and kale are rich in vitamin c which has antioxidiant properties that stabilize the messenger enzymes that break collagen down. These dark green veggies also protect against free radicals to prevent weak collagen.
- Orange vegetables like carrots and sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin A, which restores and regenerates damaged collagen.
- Berries with blackberries and raspberries scavenging free radicals while simultaneously increasing collagen levels.
- Citrus fruits such as oranges, limes, lemons and grapefruits (rich in vitamin C) are able to help amino acids—lysine and proline—convert to collagen.
- Garlic is one of the best sources of sulfur, which is necessary for collagen production in the body. Garlic also provides lipoic acid and taurine that help rebuild collagen fibers that have been damaged. So change to these healthy lifestyle choices for improved collagen for your skin, from the inside out, while applying our own H-Glow Formula for additional help from the outside in.